Posts: 141 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Ahmedabad, India
When we try to unlock the phone - in the Enter password to unlock screen, if the pwd is wrong , it gives a message saying "Switch off device? Yes/No"

Can this be removed or is there an alternate way ?

If someone else tries to use our phone and while guessing the unlock pwd, if it shows switch off device, he/she might opt for it and turn off the device

I tried to take a screen shot , but Ctrl+Shift+P does not work on that screen !

any inputs on this?

not that i know, but i'm with you

though my problem is slightly different. i'm quite annoyed that whenever i accidentally tap the area outside the numpad, it suddenly ask me whether i want to switch off the device
happened to me once or twice that the phone turned off for real because of that

anyhow, for your case. can't just anybody press the power button anytime to turn off your phone? though in this case, people will be tempted more to do that

Last edited by figaro; 2011-06-22 at 12:28.

Originally Posted by figaro View Post
not that i know, but i'm with you

though my problem is slightly different. i'm quite annoyed that whenever i accidentally tap the area outside the numpad, it suddenly ask me whether i want to switch off the device
happened to me once or twice that the phone turned off for real because of that

anyhow, for your case. can't just anybody press the power button anytime to turn off your phone? though in this case, people will be tempted more to do that
agree with you .. i too had faced that issue while travelling, accidently taped the outside area and asked to switch off the device

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Maybe this could be merged with http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=47622 ?

Enough people would enjoy this being a configurable option that I hope someone has a bright idea on where to start.