Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
well browsing through 460 songs took alotta time before..
but i tried full format first.. then surface scan.. then reflashed the emmc and pr1.3.. then installed all my apps and backups again.. and weirdly, the 460 songs that took atleast 1 min now take around 4-5 sec.. and 2352 recorded calls in 45 sec..
relevant?

Last edited by fahadj2003; 2011-07-03 at 23:34.

Well the FAT filesystem is prone to fragmentation but it shouldn't matter quite as much on flash memory since there practically isn't such thing as "seek time" as there is with spinning platters (aka hard drives).

I'm fairly sure "surface scan" does nothing for flash-memory.

The wear-leveling algorithms used with flash mean that writing gets slower the more full the memory is (supposing it has been used with relatively normal usage patterns, data added and removed) as it needs to erase previously blocks used by previously removed data before writing to them.

The Following User Says Thank You to rambo For This Useful Post: