Poll: Will you be happy with N8 if Nokia Service cannot fix your N900?
Poll Options
Will you be happy with N8 if Nokia Service cannot fix your N900?

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
There has been a fair few users receving N8 when they sent their N900 in for service/repair. Rumours are spreading around that Nokia long stopped production of N900 and new N900 are already becoming scarce as a result.

Other potential possible reasons why Nokia service are offering N8 in return for broken N900 is that:
- They are running/ran out of spare parts for N900.
- They see N8 as a roughly priced equivalent to N900.
- They are plainly ignorant of happy N900 owners will be fuming over N8 in return.

Surely the majority of us are happy N900/maemo owners but as a community do we stand prowd and united? or do we stand indifferent and fragmented?

Question is: If Nokia service does replace your broken N900 for N8 device would you be happy?

Moderators: I have read the sticky `Please read before posting thread' for N900 sub-forum and I believe this thread is directly related to N900 owners only. However if you do believe this thread needs to be moved, please move it and accept my apologies

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Sure. It's a different kind of device but it has superior hardware (USB OTG, camera, HDMI etc), a portrait keyboard that everyone wants, support, upgrades, apps. It is a very decent phone.

I would miss my N900, but then when mine broke i just bought a new one anyway, so when my upgrade comes i'll still have it. Truth be told if Nokia's WP7 hasn't improved the OS and my network don't offer the N9, the N8 will be my next phone.

Anyway it's a pretty pointless thread because it's personal preference. Nokia will be supplying a phone of similar value and of superior quality in some areas, so there can't be complaints about the action. It just depends on whether people like the phone.

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
Sure. It's a different kind of device but it has superior hardware (USB OTG, camera, HDMI etc), a portrait keyboard that everyone wants, support, upgrades, apps. It is a very decent phone.

I would miss my N900, but then when mine broke i just bought a new one anyway, so when my upgrade comes i'll still have it. Truth be told if Nokia's WP7 hasn't improved the OS and my network don't offer the N9, the N8 will be my next phone.

Anyway it's a pretty pointless thread because it's personal preference. Nokia will be supplying a phone of similar value and of superior quality in some areas, so there can't be complaints about the action. It just depends on whether people like the phone.
I don't completely agree its a pointless thread. Sure its a thread based on personal preference but isn't that the same more or less with a fair few other threads here and there?

It would feel like a step backwards due to the OS and no keyboard but I would survive. Thank god I didn't have a single issue with the N900 in almost 2 years.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
I used one the other day to go on youtube - it was like using an N95 but with touchscreen..

Glad I refused, ended up with a brand new N900...