Active Topics

Notices

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
This is a way to organize the homescreens of a N900 for fast operation.

you can add more home screens for e.g. messaging etc.

EDIT: The home icon on main screen should be the app search widget. The other home buttons are just desktop switcher widgets which go to home screen 1

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-07-19 at 12:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Sorry but that would be like having a symbian s60 v5 type homscreen! One of the best things about the n900 is the ability to personalise the device as user wishes and thats including homescreens!

In my personal opinion i think it would be better if we could have a little homescreen button implemented into the status bar by clicking it would take the user to the desirable set homescreen which user can personalise what they want to have on it for eg contacts, messages, phone, etc specially when users have 9 screens and need to quickly get to homescreen you just press the homescrren button available all the time in status bar and it takes you to the homescreen much easier then swiping through 9 screens everytime!

Just an idea what do you think?

The Following User Says Thank You to romiiio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by romiiio View Post
Sorry but that would be like having a symbian s60 v5 type homscreen! One of the best things about the n900 is the ability to personalise the device as user wishes and thats including homescreens!

In my personal opinion i think it would be better if we could have a little homescreen button implemented into the status bar by clicking it would take the user to the desirable set homescreen which user can personalise what they want to have on it for eg contacts, messages, phone, etc specially when users have 9 screens and need to quickly get to homescreen you just press the homescrren button available all the time in status bar and it takes you to the homescreen much easier then swiping through 9 screens everytime!

Just an idea what do you think?
It is very easy actually, with QBW:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=63488

Yeah but not the widgets as widgets are annoying and all the hard work of having them each and every screen and they are eye sore also gets inway of users personalisation and creativeness space! Thats why i was thinking in the status bar as its always visible plus easily accessible and leaves the personalisation space alone! i tried them individual screen queen beacon widgets they were horrible kept coming in way of my screen personalisation had to move many of my shortcuts, bookmarks, contacts about they are just annoying in my personal opinion!

of course it is. this is just my way to personalize it and I thought Id share it

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
What's the home button at the bottom of everything for? If it's a back button, place it at the top-right just like in landscape Maemo.

Even better, your left hand pinky finger can easily be used to press the camera button - a full press enters the task switcher, half press goes back, freeing up valuable screen space up top.

The home button is just a desktop switcher with custom icon to go to homescreen no. 1
I made a mistake in the actual screen no 1 there is no need (obviously) for a home screen button, I meant to put the app search widget there, downside is that widget doesn't work well in portrait.

It seems I have not made it clear enough that this is a real-life hildon-home configuration realizable with CSSU and apps from extras, and not some vaporware mockup.