New to the forum and I'm trying to get my 770 ready for a trip next week.

I've been looking at the i.Trek GPS's and I've seen people mentions that the M5+ and M6 would work. Since, they seem compact and newegg has them with good shipping prices I think I'll give on of them a try.

http://www.itrekgps.com/Bluetooth%20...oth%20GPS.html

Since there return policy is very good, I want to make sure i'm getting a good one. So, I was wondering if anyone had any input as to which one is better?

The M5+ seems to be better but I think I might be missing some thing because it is the cheaper of the two. Does the M6's SiRF Star III chipset outway the M5+'s extra channels and battery features?

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to mebob For This Useful Post:
Go with the M5+, the MTK chipset is better then the older SiRF Star III. And its not the bad of a price on newegg (oh ya it looks sexy too )

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Monroe, La
I just got my M5+ in today. It's charging now, but I didn't have any problems getting it paired to my laptop my 770.

I'll give more of a report after I get out and about with it.

-r2

Originally Posted by r2d2rogers View Post
I'll give more of a report after I get out and about with it.
Please do!

My first GPS outing was just around town, but I was impressed.

The tracking seemed very accurate, and I was impressed with how well the M5+ was able to pick up a signal inside my wife's work (a call center in a converted department store). I don't think I ever saw less than 8 satellites in use after the initial power up. Acquisition time was impressively short even on the first power on.

I will be checking the battery life as I go along, first impression says the 770 will need charging long before the i-Trek unit will. The PDF manual is more of a getting started guide, but the setup is not difficult. I know geeks.com has a cheaper set, but I'm glad I stuck to my preference for newegg, because I'm very happy with the M5+.

I'll be glad to answer any other questions you might have, but I'd call this one a buy.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Maine & Florida - USA
If I may ask, what software do you use with these receivers?

I have streets & trips + usb module for xp/vista ... but might be very tempted to do this on the N800 instead

Originally Posted by icerabbit View Post
If I may ask, what software do you use with these receivers?
I have only used maemo mapper so far. I managed to misplace my USB bluetooth adapter, so I haven't been able to play with it with anything on my laptop.