Active Topics

jst bought an original N900 battery of 1430 mAh.can u plz guide me how to use it...how to charge so tht it does not destroy easiy...

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
tilt2control : control mediaplayer by tilting your n900.
gpstracker-c : easy handle your gpstracker tk102.
pyOBD for maemo (OBD-II cars diagnostic)

does the battery need to adjust with the phones usage? cz my new 1430 mAh is not impressing me tht much.its capacity is not upto the standard of 1430 mAh..shud i wait or shud i return it back..

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
do you have a link to the battery you bought?
did you use any info from my thread?

AND
did you read that there are alot of fake battery's out there hence why i made that thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
no..i bought it from here(my country)..its original..they took it out from another N900.its original..i jst want to kno weder it will show more mAh in batterygraph since its 1430 mAh..is der any way to caliberate battery..i read in some thread that the battery needs to adjust with the usage and charging and discharging

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
no..i bought it from here(my country)..its original..they took it out from another N900.its original..i jst want to kno weder it will show more mAh in batterygraph since its 1430 mAh..is der any way to caliberate battery..i read in some thread that the battery needs to adjust with the usage and charging and discharging
you dont need to do anything special. Just put it in the phone, charge it, use the phone until it says battery is low, recharge again. Sometimes the battery performance improve after a few charges, but it's not something you need to do specially for that.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
jst bought an original N900 battery of 1430 mAh.can u plz guide me how to use it...how to charge so tht it does not destroy easiy...
the best way to keep your battery last longer is...

1.if it still new then insert it on your device & recharge it without switching on your device....
2.at 1st recharge just recharge it until it full...some shop said to recharge at least 8-10 hour...dont do that cause if you do then your battery will not last longer...
3.after your battery running flat always recharge the battery while your device is switch off...dont not charge will the device is on cause you will not get full charge of the battery....
4.if you have an external charger then use it rather than recharge it using your device....external charger got it advantages...method 1,2 & 3 can be done with it & you can use your other battery (old battery) on your device before you change the battery after recharge...

Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
the best way to keep your battery last longer is...

1.if it still new then insert it on your device & recharge it without switching on your device....
2.at 1st recharge just recharge it until it full...some shop said to recharge at least 8-10 hour...dont do that cause if you do then your battery will not last longer...
3.after your battery running flat always recharge the battery while your device is switch off...dont not charge will the device is on cause you will not get full charge of the battery....
4.if you have an external charger then use it rather than recharge it using your device....external charger got it advantages...method 1,2 & 3 can be done with it & you can use your other battery (old battery) on your device before you change the battery after recharge...
if i always charge it after switching it off then after turning it on after full charge i wont get full battery cz it takes a lot of charge after turning it on...after buying it i put it on my N900 and charged it for 2 hrs (untill fully charged) then after i turned it on it showed only 80 percent left.

i hav few questions
1) when i had stock battery of 1320 mAh in battery graph it showed 1222 mAh but after buying 1430 mAh one it still shows 1222

2) if i turn off my device and charge it the whole night will it affect my battery?

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
I you also try to write properly not in sms code then it will be much easier to help and understand, so far i don't get what you are trying to say.

On battery charging just use it, don't turn you N900 off or anything.

And a note on the capacity, it will not have more capacity after a few charges, this i can confirm after testing 20+ battery's for the N900, and god knows how many for other things.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@trisha,

I still don't know what your problem is. You have a new battery, obviously not the original N900 battery (capacity: 1320 mAh), but you're not satisfied with its performance.. is that it?

First of all: AFAIK there's nothing special to do about the battery. I've always recharged my (original) battery without turning the N900 off, and it's always been OK.

Second of all
The battery reporting on the N900 is a bit messy as far as I can tell. Once thing to check is if you are using the bq27x00_battery module (comes with the kernel-power) or not.

If bq27x00_battery be aware that the values it gives are mostly crap for all I care(d). You can look for posts about this (I think dr_frost_dk and Estel have a solid understanding of the issues with this module).

Try blacklisting the module and see what your good old N900 tells you about the battery (using e.g. lshal.. or conky).