http://nokiagadgets.com/2011/08/21/a...-inside-nokia/

Quite sad read to a Maemo and MeeGo fan. I wonder did MeeGo ever get full backing inside Nokia.

Biggest worry inside Nokia was not how good Maemo 5/N900 was or how much it could sell, but how it would affect Symbian. – Jaaksi

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
I made the assumption that was proven to be true back in may.

I agree it is as sad as NOFIX.

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
I really feel sorry for Jaaksi. He went from one failure (Maemo/Meego) to another failure (WebOS). Hope he gets a job at Intel.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbin For This Useful Post:
Intel, LG, Fusion Garage ( ) ...

EDIT: This sounded malicious, I mean he can find job within any company, besides I don't see HP disposing of him.

Last edited by momcilo; 2011-08-21 at 12:25.

Biggest worry inside Nokia was not how good Maemo 5/N900 was or how much it could sell, but how it would affect Symbian. – Jaaksi
Well, I hope the company politicians and religious leaders are happy with the outcome.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RFS-81 For This Useful Post:
I don't think anyone here finds this surprising.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by RFS-81 View Post
Well, I hope the company politicians and religious leaders are happy with the outcome.
But, but - wasn't it Elop that killed Maemo/MeeGo (along with Symbian) ???? I guess I must be misinformed. Hmmmmmm

Yes, he did. Everyone (except you) is aware of the major shift in Nokia pre and post Elop and even if you have a tiny bit of sanity in your posts (which you don't) Elop certainly killed Symbian.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
Everyone (except you) is aware of the major shift in Nokia pre and post Elop
OK, so now it's everyone except me that is aware of "shifts" going on in Nokia pre Elop. That's a good one.

Maemo/MeeGo was an experiment with no direction, no leadership, no focus. What happened to Symbian was the same thing once it got into nokias hands. Modernizing of Symbian should have started much earlier, and it should be lead top guys with at least one foot in the real world. Nokia did all the wrong things regarding software, both Symbian and Maemo. Remember, Swipe happened after Mr Jaaksi left.

You missundestood what i was saying. Pre Elop Nokia had huge budget devoted to meego, post Elop, virtually no budget devoted to meego, Elop kills meego.

The Following User Says Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post: