Hey Guys,

So I haven't been a massively active part of the community, but I've always kept up to date and tried to help out when I could.
Unfortunately my N900's Charging Port broke down recently and Nokia aren't willing to replace it with another N900.

So tomorrow Ill be getting a Nokia N8 delivered (Purely for the FM Transmitter), Its not a replacement for the N900 in any way but hey, I suppose I can sell it in a few month when my contract is up.

Anyway, I'd like to thank everyone here on the forums for all the hard work and all the help you've given to not only me but to all the other guys that have been completely lost by this sometimes confusing device.

Its a shame that in the end Maemo/Meego is going to end with a very dissapointing end, with the N9 not landing in the UK Ill be switching over to Android in the future (Probably with Samsung when they release they're version of the Nexus Prime) because lets face it, Nokia have really gone off the rail over the past 18 months and I really can't waste my energy trying to support a company that does nothing but crap on its customers, its a shame....

Anyway, Thanks a bunch guys.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DarkPand0r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Sorry to hear about your usb port. Mine has gone from rock solid to rather wobbly, so the clock is ticking. I have an E7 now though so looks like I got myself a replacement (of sorts) just in time.

Question: you're obviously a smart person seeing as you've owned an N900, so could you tell me the attraction to a Samsung touch slab? I've seen my mates' and they do nothing for me. Just interested.

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ london
well i hope you enjoy your n8 and the symbian belle ui does look pretty... but then again you could just get the usb port repaired and keep the n900.

anyways take care mate

Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Sorry to hear about your usb port. Mine has gone from rock solid to rather wobbly, so the clock is ticking. I have an E7 now though so looks like I got myself a replacement (of sorts) just in time.

Question: you're obviously a smart person seeing as you've owned an N900, so could you tell me the attraction to a Samsung touch slab? I've seen my mates' and they do nothing for me. Just interested.
Personally I went for the Asus Transformer TF101, Its cheaper than the Samsung 10.1 and pretty much the same in performance. I'd definitely say the screen has got better reviews than than the TF101 (they're both the same IPS screens but the Samsungs has been setup slightly better) but other than that I can't think of a reason to buy the samsung over the Asus, Plus the Asus has the Keyboard dock which for me makes it unbeatable (With the keyboard dock battery and some tweaks I can get 5 days battery life out of it :P)

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
You could always use one of these: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BL-5J-BL5J-Ba...-/110610760107

So many people are leaving..
Sad months...

The Following User Says Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Just make sure you install the leaked Symbian Belle release on your N8.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post

Please open your N900 up and solder the jacket of the usb port down !.

Originally Posted by DarkPand0r View Post
Hey Guys,

So I haven't been a massively active part of the community, but I've always kept up to date and tried to help out when I could.
Unfortunately my N900's Charging Port broke down recently and Nokia aren't willing to replace it with another N900.

So tomorrow Ill be getting a Nokia N8 delivered (Purely for the FM Transmitter), Its not a replacement for the N900 in any way but hey, I suppose I can sell it in a few month when my contract is up.

Anyway, I'd like to thank everyone here on the forums for all the hard work and all the help you've given to not only me but to all the other guys that have been completely lost by this sometimes confusing device.

Its a shame that in the end Maemo/Meego is going to end with a very dissapointing end, with the N9 not landing in the UK Ill be switching over to Android in the future (Probably with Samsung when they release they're version of the Nexus Prime) because lets face it, Nokia have really gone off the rail over the past 18 months and I really can't waste my energy trying to support a company that does nothing but crap on its customers, its a shame....

Anyway, Thanks a bunch guys.
Lame...

I'l give you £20 for your old broken n900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
I'll give you 30! (insert pound icon )

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post: