Active Topics

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
Say that your N900 is being flaky. It is under warranty, and you send it to Nokia for warranty work.

Nokia calls you up and merrily tells you that they have no more N900's and your is buggered. So they are going to send you one of their two 'high-end' phones, either the N8 or the E7.

Which do you choose as a replacement and why?

Not "I'll sell X and buy Z" we all know you can find a N900 somewhere, I'm looking at how either of these phones can compare or function as a replacement to a N900.

...as well, no "I'll wait for the N9" since it is not out as of right now.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
I haven't used either, but if given the choice, I'll choose the N8 because it has a 12MP autofocus camera vs the E7's 8MP EDoF camera, a FM transmitter, HDMI out and a micro SD slot.

The only advantage for the E7 is the keyboard, and I don't think I'll use it as much as I use the one on my N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
if there is a "maemo" port for E7, i'l definitely go for it... coz tho it has low resolution bt have a nice & sleek design..

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
Here's a comparison for anyone to use as kindling:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderedcomputing For This Useful Post:
I've turned my N8 on for the first time today. 4 hours later I still cannot figure out how to get the internet browser to show full websites rather than direct me to a mobile site.

4 hours googling has been fruitless, I want my N900 back

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Canada
Originally Posted by coderedcomputing View Post
Here's a comparison for anyone to use as kindling:

not agree with last two comapprison coz both have divx xvid support and additional programms and apps like web tv can be installed in both or may be pre built in in symbian anna O.s

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
The E7 appears to have more software bugs than the N8, which is pretty stable. The leaked Symbian Belle is available for the N8. I've been using it, and it's pretty good. In some ways, I prefer it to Meego-Harmattan.

The Symbian browser is quite poor, though the Belle version is an improvement. Install Opera Mobile for the best experience.

The only things that would attract me to the E7 are the larger screen and HWKB, though the HWKB is similar to that on the N950, which I have found to be a bit cumbersome compared to the N900. The larger size means that your thumbs need to travel further for each keypress, which reduces typing speed in my experience.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Canada
ok thanks u atleast posted something y anyone in not answering in other threads? plz comment to samsung phone cameras

I'll take the E7 for the same reason i bought the N900. It has a QWERTY Keyboard. In fact i see no reason to take a N9:

* It's not a bussines phone
* Has a smaller screen (more pixels x inch, it's true... but it is smaller)
* Less aditional software

I don't need a multimedia device, i want a USEFUL device.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by ziggadebo View Post
I still cannot figure out how to get the internet browser to show full websites rather than direct me to a mobile site.
That's the website's fault for trying to be "clever". Unless you mean it's the browser's fault for not allowing you to fake the user agent string?