Expansys recently got a bunch of Nokia 770s in stock and are selling them for what I think is a great price.

Me and my dad have ordered one, get 'em while they're hot.

http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=141019

Chris

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Amazon UK also have a good deal on the 770 with Nav Kit at £169.99.

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
They also have it sans navigation kit for £150 which is I think too much.

What does the navigation kit consist of? If I have a buetooth GPS receiver can I just use that??
What navigation software does it use?

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
It's not clear from the Amazon site what the Nav Kit contains, but the Nav Kit available from the Nokia UK online site (£345 inc 770) contains a 1GB memory card, Navigation software and European maps AND a LD-3W BT GPS module.

If you already have a GPS module you can buy the Navigation software seperately. The navigation software is provided by Navicore.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Lancs, England
Bought one now, from expansys not amazon had bad experience with them should able to get a cheaper module and software off of fleabay.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Bought spare n770 from expansys and it came with US travel charger. It does not matter much for me since I would need UK to EU adapter anyway but I was a bit surprised. Did your came with UK charger (AC-4E) or the US one (AC-4U)?

Also this may mean that UK Nokia may not honor warranty since it is US imported (?). Someone here or in Woot forum mentioned that (s)he had problem with Nokia fixing/replacing N770 with WSOD in US since they claimed that device (bought on Woot) was not for US market.

I was reading in the comments section on expansys about this - but I didnt know if it was a different batch (or rather I was hoping ) I think I have a us to uk adapter anyway, or are you saying that it comes with a changer adapter thingy?

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
are you saying that it comes with a changer adapter thingy?
Plain US charger, no US->UK adapter.

Maybe they just saved it themselves since they know they shipped it outside UK where it is useless anyway. But when thinking about that - hey, they should include US->EU adapter instead!

I've just thought, I've got some Nokia chargers anyway, what type does it need?

Edit: perhaps not, its seems to want 2mm rather than 3.5 so perhaps ebay is my best bet, they seem to have them for under a fiver so thats not too bad, same for batteries too

Last edited by gbm; 2007-07-16 at 15:19.

Nokia makes 3.5 mm to 2 mm charger adaptors.