/home/user/MyDocs corrupted. help please.

I cannot find the partition from USB storage mode on my Linux. Tried Testdisk to recover some photos but it failed to determine the FAT32 partition.

However, I can use some of the data in the partition.

I don't know what happened. even

df -h

do not have the /home/user/MyDocs

Found a similar thread but it require format the disk... ok. since testdisk failure, I don't hold any hope to recover...

Plus: I can use the phone do downloading and photoshoting and saved, can see from filebox but not from filemanager and many applications.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Please try if a file system check solves it or indicates further errors. You need rootsh installed for this to work
Code:
sudo gainroot
umount /dev/mmcblk0p1
fsck -af /dev/mmcblk0p1
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /home/user/MyDocs

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
it cannot be mounted. so no need of umount...

all fsck checked out. failed at 0,1 or something I just knew it not to be found.

seems the last thing to do -format the partition. and I will probably make it ext4...

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Well you better copy and paste error messages, because they have a meaning, Just describing does not give the necessary information to really know what is going on.
Is the partition /dev/mmcblk0p1 not found??? If so, please post the output of
Code:
sudo gainroot
sfdisk -l
If you, however has no valuable data to loose on the partition, you might as well just reformat the partition to get a fully working device. The inbuilt system does only look for a vfat-formatted partition to be first on the EMMC to be mounted to /home/user/MyDocs, so you are probably on your on formatting it to ext4.