The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
That sure as hell puts the final nail in the coffin for meego.

No more meego from Nokia because mr wonderful will not allow it in any way or form, he wants only one os.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
That sure as hell puts the final nail in the coffin for meego.

No more meego from Nokia because mr wonderful will not allow it in any way or form, he wants only one os.
I am not sure, it may be too early to judge that. You know they have to appoint someone to that position.

The question is what it is the alignment of the new CTO?

That may suggest if Elop is still sitting securely in his chair.

Nothing to see here, Henry Tirri was already the acting CTO since Green left.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
I am not sure, it may be too early to judge that. You know they have to appoint someone to that position.

The question is what it is the alignment of the new CTO?

That may suggest if Elop is still sitting securely in his chair.
I looked at that article before and it states "Henry Tirri will now take the position full time and report directly to Nokia CEO Stephen Elop" and that should tell you he is still very much in control.

Why was Rich Green suddenly out of the company when it states "Two independent sources said at the time that Green’s leave would last at least until the end of the year", very suspicious dont you think ?, and i very much doubt his successor will have any thoughts of meego because mr wonderfull will not allow.

Mr wonderful is behind this and it would take a blind man not to see what is going on, this IS the end of meego as far as Nokia is concerned in my opinion because this guy can only see one thing = WP.

I looked at that article before and it states "Henry Tirri will now take the position full time and report directly to Nokia CEO Stephen Elop" and that should tell you he is still very much in control.
CTO usually reports to CEO. But so far I have not seen any evidence that would indicate that Henry Tirri is pro-Elop or opposite. I think he was carefully selected to be neutral so far. He does not undermine the Elop's authority, at least not so far.

The Following User Says Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Why was Rich Green suddenly out of the company when it states "Two independent sources said at the time that Green’s leave would last at least until the end of the year", very suspicious dont you think ?, and i very much doubt his successor will have any thoughts of meego because mr wonderfull will not allow.
He went on "personal leave" in early June, and given a pretty standard 3-month notice period/gardening leave I'd say any talk of "until the end of the year" was just a smokescreen to cover up the fact he quit. As to why he quit, I only have more wild guesses.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Just the usual corporate bullsh1t. I see the new guy reports 'directly to El Presidente'. Presumably, the old guy reported to the tea lady once he'd fallen out of favour with the MS cabal.

My website

GitHub

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
CTO usually reports to CEO. But so far I have not seen any evidence that would indicate that Henry Tirri is pro-Elop or opposite. I think he was carefully selected to be neutral so far. He does not undermine the Elop's authority, at least not so far.
All Nokians that want to stay and advance within the company now toe the party line. Nobody should kid themselves that anyone that remains there is anything but behind the new strategy. And to be honest, that's how it has to be, much as I'd like it to be different...

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
All Nokians that want to stay and advance within the company now toe the party line. Nobody should kid themselves that anyone that remains there is anything but behind the new strategy. And to be honest, that's how it has to be, much as I'd like it to be different...
EXACTLY my point !!!