Active Topics

This is a bye bye message to all the maemo community.
N900 is one of my favourite phones of all time. Not just because of such a great phone it was but also because of this community where the developers from all around the world came together to help noobies like me. I was answered all of the questions I asked about N900 even the really stupid ones and I really thank everyone who helped me. I would like to thank all the developers who helped us get the most out of our phone especially MuhammadAG, Ammyt, Mido.Fayad, E-Yes. I can't remember more names but thank you all the devs for helping me.
I sold my N900 today and tomorrow morning I will get my Xperia Arc. I hope it's a good phone as N900 was. I hope I will buy another N900 when I have money.
And once again thank you all the developers for always being so nice.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by Haider View Post
I sold my N900 today and tomorrow morning I will get my Xperia Arc.
Lulz (arc)

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Farewell! You will have Flash 10, you will have an endless supply of mediocre games, your pocket will feel lighter, and maybe you wont need to charge your phone in the recess. You have a phone now. But you wont have a computer in your pocket anymore.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
Farewell! You will have Flash 10, you will have an endless supply of mediocre games, your pocket will feel lighter, and maybe you wont need to charge your phone in the recess. You have a phone now. But you wont have a computer in your pocket anymore.
Meh, that is debatable.

A computer isn't really a computer without updates. A Linux distro isn't really a Linux distro without updates.

Do you see where I'm going with that?

Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Haider View Post
I hope I will buy another N900 when I have money.
Why do you sell the N900 then in the first place?
if you do it just to get money to buy an Arc, why don't you just save money to buy it?

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
Meh, that is debatable.

A computer isn't really a computer without updates. A linux distro isn't really a Linux distro without updates.

Do you see where I'm going with that?
Yes. For some reason you want me to put Ubuntu on my phone...

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
Yes. For some reason you want me to put Ubuntu on my phone...
No. It means that Ubuntu (for proper computers) is getting an update in October and er....Maemo isn't.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
no I think it still gets it's updates rather frequently thanks to the cssu guys

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
No. It means that Ubuntu (for proper computers) is getting an update in October and er....Maemo isn't.
I guess you should tell that the CSSU team. That for one is a regular update. Sure, it wont bring voice control as iOS5 (will it?), it wont bring Flash 10 or native Angry Birds Seasons support. It will bring the usual bugfixes, optimalizations, and opensource components thou. I do realize, that Maemo don't have many years ahead of it, but it is not dead yet - its dying. Heck, I've been using my iPod touch for foursquare and gaming for some months now, still I think the N900 does not have its replacement yet. Given all the money I want, I still wouldn't be able to choose a phone today that could totally replace my N900 (I'd still take the money thou ).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Wish you well. You sound like the type of user that will do OK with the type of phone you are getting. I would miss too many things from the N900 (FM Transmitter, Python, OOo, ssh, terminal, etc.). That is why I have two. One in the box waiting for my current one to die.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rm42 For This Useful Post: