Active Topics

Hi guys,

Little question from me: has anyone else in Germany managed to get their hands on a 770?

My order with Nokia is still depressingly "open" - and Nokia isn't answering my e-mails and the telephone number doesn't work.

Unlike our friends in America, our only hope seems to be Nokia direct - and Nokia direct seems to just take our money and run. *sigh*

Russ

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Germany
I ordered mine on Nov 4th and received it on Dec 1st.
When Nokia launched the european order page on Nov 3rd the state for Germany was "out of stock". The page never showed other than "out of stock". I guess that Nokia began fulfilling back orders for Germany from end of November.

The Following User Says Thank You to StevenS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Germany
I also ordered mine on Nov 4th and received it on end Nov.

Last edited by masdeirf; 2005-12-20 at 12:12.

same with me.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Hamburg, Germany
I was wondering too...
I ordered mine on November 18th and haven't received it yet. No mail from Nokia or something like this. Got anyone, who ordered in "late November", his till now (in Germany)?

I ordered the 19th in The Netherlands and was hoping to receive it before Xmas.
I send an email on 12 December asking about the status and they replied it should start shipping in the beginning of this week (from 20-12).
But the status on the order tracking page is still on backorder, thus I think I should not expect Nokia to deliver this year ...

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Philly
They don't charge you till they ship- so it's not really taking the money......

Well, Nokia Online Sales finally replied to me by e-mail: not only do they still not have any in stock, but Nokia hasn't given *them* a shipping date for the next batch. Online Sales suggests that this is unlikely to be before January, however.

So if Nokia's reading this and taking feedback, do *please* remember that you've got European customers waiting too - a few batches of 770s would sure be appreciated by us in Germany!

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Hamburg, Germany
Ouch! That doesn't sound very hopeful to me. Well, than we'll have to wait till January...

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
Yes. München. Ordered one of the first days it was out.