Active Topics

I dunno if it's just me or what, but I prefer to use the "thumbboard" over the stylus, but I have a hard time getting it to launch. Is there a trick or is it just a pain getting it launched?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ New Mexico, USA
Following this from the user's guide seems to work for me:

"To begin text input with the finger keyboard, tap the text input field with your fingers. The finger keyboard opens in full-screen mode."

You tap the down arrow key in the upper right to close it.

Yeah when I do that... most of the time I get the stylus keyboard.

Originally Posted by uploadjoe View Post
Yeah when I do that... most of the time I get the stylus keyboard.
Yep, specially because the last firmware update. Before that, the screen always recognized my finger but now it miss many times. But, in the other hand, the recognition of the key improved and now I can type in the ThumbBoard faster and without (almost) errors...

You can adjust the sensitiviy of the thumb keyboard in the control panel.

If the stylus keyboard pops up, press the center button on the scroll pad and it will switch to the thumb keyboard.

It's a little bit maddening but even if the stylus keyboard comes up, the finger keyboard eventually appears if I keep tapping the text field with my big fat fingers.

I simply can't stand to use the stylus for text input. And this new release has seriously made it difficult to bring up the finger keyboard with the touch screen. As someone else has already noted the D-pad will do this though. I now use that method all the time. Still, I wish they would make the other way easier again. If you press REALLY hard it will come up. But can the N800 take that sort of abuse for long? Doubt it. The sensitivity setting does little to change it for me.

P.S. The Thumb board settings can be hard to find because they're hidden WAY over in the far righthand tab in the Control Panel window for text input settings.

Lancewex I am with you the thumb board works much better for me also.

Thanks guys! I found the setting and moved it down a notch and that seems to have made all the difference!!!!

-- Jeremy