i have looked at many documents around the net, even the nokia care disassembly instructions, but does anyone know if the circuit board still has the keyboard connector on it ala the N950.
reason. i saw a chinese N950 copy and was thinking it may be possible to transplant the N9 into it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Keferen For This Useful Post:
this video may be of use to you, not in english though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSJtUbnM46E

Last edited by luqysheesh; 2011-11-02 at 09:24. Reason: left out the link

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luqysheesh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Keferen View Post
i have looked at many documents around the net, even the nokia care disassembly instructions, but does anyone know if the circuit board still has the keyboard connector on it ala the N950.
reason. i saw a chinese N950 copy and was thinking it may be possible to transplant the N9 into it.
That's the spirit.
Me want keyboard or meego.

Apart from that I am having wild dreams of replacing the AMOLED display by a regular RGB TFT counterpart.
I noticed in the video the screen is pretty easy to replace but are there compatible screens such as the one in N950?

It seems the display has only 2 connectors.

Question is if those connectors have been standardized and do these screens have their own power regulator or does the mother board provide a custom circuit that only serves one type of display?

Software drivers?

How to recalibrate the touch interface for another screen or is this impossible and we need to stick to rely on the future HW keyboard mod only?

How far is Harmattan operable w/o touch on N950?

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
How far is Harmattan operable w/o touch on N950?
you can type in text fields and search is launched if you type and you can jump to multitask screen with a fn-backspace. That's about it. You can tell that the os really is made for touch only.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
@luqysheesh
watched in hidef 720p. great detail but alas looks like no connector
next question is i guess if someone can open a N950 to check where it connects to

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by mece View Post
you can type in text fields and search is launched if you type and you can jump to multitask screen with a fn-backspace. That's about it. You can tell that the os really is made for touch only.
Mece, thank you for your reply.

Having a crippled touch interface seems not to be an option even with added HW keyboard.

Since you seem to be very well equipped, would you mind commenting on

-how does the screen of the N950 compare to the N900 in terms of text character rendering?
If N900 is 100 what score would you give to N950's display for this criteria?

-If Nokia won't sue you for this, would you be interested in opening the N950 to check if the keyboard / display connectors are the same as the ones in the N9? (and find out the part number of this 4,0" TFT )