Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Phil Langdale has patched the 4.2007.26-8 kernel with the full set of SDHC patches, some of which Nokia left out from the official release. The kernel is available here.

So far so good (with dual 4GB Transcend Class 2 SDHC cards). A quick "read" test with a 4GB Transcend C2 card in the external slot reveals a speed of 12.1MB/s (234.375MB read in 19.31s).

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Patched the kernel and so far so good... I copied my MaemoMapper maps to the Patriot 8GB SDHC card and couple long movies. So far everything is working good with no file system corruptions/panics...

The memory card bus speed is reported 48MHz, as expected.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Arlington Va
Ok, here is a stupid, newbie question.... Where do I find information on how to install this? Do I just use the normal FLASH application?

Thanks,
Ed

Last edited by ecohen2; 2007-07-25 at 11:57.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Patched the kernel and so far so good... I copied my MaemoMapper maps to the Patriot 8GB SDHC card and couple long movies. So far everything is working good with no file system corruptions/panics...

The memory card bus speed is reported 48MHz, as expected.
Just and update that everything is still running good! I have copied some more MP3's to test UKMP smooth scrolling (nice...). I have also used MaemoMapper little bit to try to stimulate stress for the file system. So far so good...

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ sofia, bulgaria
how to test speed?

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Wisconsin USA
So, of all who have installed this kernel patch, has anyone had ANY hiccups with SD or SDHC cards? If not, maybe this is the Holy Grail.

So, can you patch the kernel without reflashing, and if so, how?

Originally Posted by LordFu View Post
So, can you patch the kernel without reflashing, and if so, how?
Just look at Joshua's post... 5 posts above.

What does this patch do? How is it different from the one with Nokia (official) update (that enables SDHC up to 8GB)?

Thanks!