Active Topics

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Hi I have this swipe manager installed but found some glitch in it - like how, by default, the swiping takes you back to the same window you were before? with this app it loads the same window first then updates to the one that has been set which I think is causing a little stutter while swiping (I notice it while trying to swipe quickly). So, I wanted to make sure it is what I think it is so uninstalled this app but the setting is still active. I flashed it again with PR1.1 but its still there (though I didn't flash it for this very reason). So, can anyone suggest how it can be set back to default?? Thanks.

EDIT: Video to illustrate what I'm trying to say

Last edited by jaeezzy; 2011-11-29 at 10:38.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Hmm.. report bug to developer. Apparently the uninstallation doesn't work properly.

Other than that, I can't help. Sorry

I think swipe manager does make the swipes stutter when set to something other than default. I used swipemanager itself and set the values like default and the swipes are way smoother..

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brisbane, AU
Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
Hi I have this swipe manager installed but found some glitch in it - like how, by default, the swiping takes you back to the same window you were before? with this app it loads the same window first then updates to the one that has been set which I think is causing a little stutter while swiping (I notice it while trying to swipe quickly). So, I wanted to make sure it is what I think it is so uninstalled this app but the setting is still active. I flashed it again with PR1.1 but its still there (though I didn't flash it for this very reason). So, can anyone suggest how it can be set back to default?? Thanks.
First up, the glitch you are seeing isn't swipe manager's fault. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is (probably just some inefficient code in the core some place), but it isn't swipe manager.

All swipe manager does is edit a config file in your home directory. With PR1.0 it was ~/.config/mcompositor/mcompositor.conf, and in PR1.1 it is ~/.config/mcompositor/new-mcompositor.conf.

You mentioned that you are using PR1.1 so all you need to do to get back to default swipe behaviour is delete that new-mcompositor.conf file.

BTW, before you delete it, have a look at what is in it so you know how to enable "swipe manager functionality" without installing swipe manager.

I canīt even get it to work after PR1.1.. :-(

I still wonder why, Nokia didnīt integrate this way of swiping better in Harmattan. :S

Last edited by raver2011; 2011-12-01 at 01:11.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Make sure you have the latest version of SM that's compatible with 1.1.
I don't think it's been approved for the store yet, here's his site
http://sandst1.wordpress.com/

*EDIT*
My bad, I thought you were talking about MyMoves.
Give MyMoves a shot, there's more to it than just editing some config files.
Tis a very powerful/handy app...

If this is in-fact a clear & undeniable bug, then it needs to be reported:
http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/
Make sure you explain the circumstances in which the bug is triggered etc.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-01 at 16:10.

Originally Posted by SteveYoungs View Post
First up, the glitch you are seeing isn't swipe manager's fault. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is (probably just some inefficient code in the core some place), but it isn't swipe manager.

All swipe manager does is edit a config file in your home directory. With PR1.0 it was ~/.config/mcompositor/mcompositor.conf, and in PR1.1 it is ~/.config/mcompositor/new-mcompositor.conf.

You mentioned that you are using PR1.1 so all you need to do to get back to default swipe behaviour is delete that new-mcompositor.conf file.

BTW, before you delete it, have a look at what is in it so you know how to enable "swipe manager functionality" without installing swipe manager.
Ok it does look like the issue is with the internal code itself or how the views are coded to appear coz by default the app seems to set to away when swiped hence causing to update twice to get the expected result and hence the stutter... Hope this thing gets fixed coz I love to set custom one so that its more convenient but then again this stutter is kinda painful.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
There are posts / comments elsewhere about uninstalling / rebooting / reseting then reinstalling.

I didn't have to go that far. After trying the above steps without the reset, simply reseting did the trick for me in the end.

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Does anyone know where i could find a download link for swipe manager 0.0.3, the one on the official site is broken.

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 158 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany

The Following User Says Thank You to superjunior For This Useful Post: