Hi everyone,

First post here.

Reason is that I killed my n900. I bought a charger from a guy on the street, so not an official charger. I plugged the charger when the n900 was on, the phone started charging, so I left it there. When I got back, the phone was off, and I could not turn it back on since then.

If I plug it to the usb port of my laptop (both win and linux), I get this looping behavior:

1 - the led is fixed yellow for a while (1 min or 2)
2 - the phone shakes for half a second and the faded nokia sign appears on screen; at the same time, the led blinks yellow for a few times
3 - no sign for a couple of seconds
4 - back to 1

The battery is fully charged; in fact, it is the battery of my gf's n900.

Does the above ring a bell to any of you? Any idea what I could try to do to at least get back my data? I tried flashing, but the flasher never finds the usb device, also using the technique of plugging in the battery while holding 'u'...

Thanks for any help!

Sorry, I guess this is the wrong section, I should have posted on the N900 one. Can the mods move this?

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
You may have sizzled the TWL4030. Although I can't imagine what would do this, as there are numerous protections in place before you reach the chip.

Try a battery pull for 24h?

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
I recognize the symptoms as to what has happened to me last night, while I resumed a game of Risk. The phone just switched off, I tried to reboot, after which it gave me a multi boot menu and than wouldn't go any further. Nothing after that. Just out of the blue. Nothing installed, uninstalled, no tweaks, nothing.

Concerning not being able to get flasher running properly: What OS are you using to run the flasher? There are numerous reports of Win7 64 bits being problematic, but I am on Linux so I can not confirm that first hand.

I ended up reflashing the kernel only(!), and was set again.

Thanks for answering.

I am pretty sure I left it with the battery unplugged for more than 24h, but I'll try again...

Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
I recognize the symptoms as to what has happened to me last night, while I resumed a game of Risk. The phone just switched off, I tried to reboot, after which it gave me a multi boot menu and than wouldn't go any further. Nothing after that. Just out of the blue. Nothing installed, uninstalled, no tweaks, nothing.
No menu for me. If I press the power button *nothing* happens. I described earlier what happens when I plug the USB cable, still no menus appear

Concerning not being able to get flasher running properly: What OS are you using to run the flasher? There are numerous reports of Win7 64 bits being problematic, but I am on Linux so I can not confirm that first hand.

I ended up reflashing the kernel only(!), and was set again.
I am trying to refresh the kernel only (at least I guess that's what I am doing). I used a 32 bit XP and a 32 bit Ubuntu, with same results.

try enabling it in R&D mode with watchdogs disabled.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
try enabling it in R&D mode with watchdogs disabled.
Not much use if Flasher doesn't see the device, eh?

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Not much use if Flasher doesn't see the device, eh?
Indeed, just tried now without success.

The Following User Says Thank You to giff53 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
I have also tried another charger and although it said it was charging, the battery still went flat. I checked the milliamps and it was 300. the n900 charger is 1200 ma. Just a thought, your charger may not be kicking out enough juice.