I was testing my N900, and decided to attempt a MITM attack at my girlfriends house...(With her full blessing of cause )
Anyway I've tried before at home (on myself) and both times it just crashes the network, the targets stay connected but the page never loads.
I've tried using .Ettercap (-t) and (-G). .Arpspoof+Sslstrip.
It's not the networks as i've done the same attack using BT5 on my laptop, and everything works fine. I have etter.conf edited for iptables.
I was just wondering if anyone as ever actually done an attack with the N900, i think the device (as much as i love my N900) is to slow to do a realistic MITM attack in the real world..!!

Yes, with YAMAS...i could hack into my own network and see my facebook password in plain text

I downloaded YAMAS, but it uses sslstrip (if i remember correctly) and ettercap. so i should be able to do it manually using command-line. Maybe I'm wrong. I'll look at it again. Thanx 4 The reply..!

i done a MITM attack, last night and it worked perfectly. I used ettercap GTK. still slows network down to a crawl when using 'arpspoof'. I wish ettercap didn't throw up certificates.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by akitta View Post
i done a MITM attack, last night and it worked perfectly. I used ettercap GTK. still slows network down to a crawl when using 'arpspoof'. I wish ettercap didn't throw up certificates.
You can set Ettercap so it doesn't use the SSL downgrade stuff, aka "throw up certs". Look the command I use in Yamas, and you'll have it sorted out !
(sorry, I don't remember it... I'm not much of an Ettercap fan)