Hello everyone, I'm a fresh N9 owner (really fresh, phone is coming . I choose to buy an N9 because I wanted to try something new.

The first topic I would like to discuss is about the future support for Meego . Do you really think that Nokia will be seriously supporting the N9 till 2015?

It's seems a lot of time for a dead-on-arrival device...

What do you think?

Even if they don't, the devs around here are a great bunch that have kept alive the N900 til the present day without much help from Nokia (other than hosting this site I guess.) I'm sure they'll guarantee its effectiveness at least until then.

No they won't, that's a bogus marketing gimmick that Nokia loves to play. They don't even want to get the front camera feature implemented when the hardware is already there. Screw Nokia, but the intelligent folks here sure would help put each and every mile this phone can hold.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I think they meant to say 20:15.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I think they meant to say 20:15.
January 1st 2012?

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
n9 is maemo 6?

lol , in such insecurities i wouldnt wish for an N9,my n900 plays on all turfs
i hope nokia atleast supports it till 2015 .gd luck

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
i like for being different, but this masterpiece of n9 is a lil bit overpriced for a lonely OS, its more expensive than gs2, im so confused now

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
I think you would have to define support first ...they did after all release a security update for the 900 last month only several months after the ca's were compromised lol ...In comparison to most android handset makers nokia isn't too bad considering some of those phones never recieve updates

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Fila For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
Originally Posted by Mike Fila View Post
I think you would have to define support first ...they did after all release a security update for the 900 last month only several months after the ca's were compromised lol ...In comparison to most android handset makers nokia isn't too bad considering some of those phones never recieve updates
I agree !

One thing that Nokia does do consistently is release security and feature updates.