It all started yesterday after loading a few *.pdf's from my computer onto the Nokia N9... The next call I received I had noticed the ring tone exhibited some static and cut out shortly thereafter.

Not paying anymore attention after the call was over I naturally forgot about the issue..until I did not hear my alarm go off in the morning (not my primary alarm..thank goodness). I also can not hear any music..

This only effects the 'loud' speaker.. Headphones work and cut in and out like they are supposed to when connected/disconnected. The ear speaker for calls is working fine too..

I had noticed (from dmesg) that Aegis could not scan a certain file (do not have copy of log atm) ..this could be replicated when playing any sort of sound output that should goto the loud speaker..but not when headphones were connected..

Upon rebooting the phone, it would ask me for my passwords to my email accounts.

Afterwards, I did receive a message where the sound actually worked, but asked the sender to give me a call and it 'shorted' out like it had yesterday.

I have tried flashing the eMMC and rootFS (2x) already and to no avail -- the problem persists!

If anybody has any ideas or suggestions...please toss them this way

FYI I purchased the Nokia N9 (16GB Cyan) through newegg and the device is currently 4 days past the return date..I did however purchase the ADH plan but currently they tell me to contact Nokia USA because I am within the warranty period..I will see how true that is tomorrow when I contact Nokia.

Last edited by pasquale504; 2012-01-31 at 02:42. Reason: forgot to mention reboot and request password issue..

Exactly same problem here.......
Did you got any solution yet????

Last edited by frendz07; 2012-07-06 at 19:37.

This happened to me yesterday.
I was listening to music and it stopped, like a call was coming in, but nothing happened. I closed the music played and reopened it, nothing. Rebooted, nothing. Plugged it in to charge and it beeped, so I thought it was because it had a very low battery, but this morning we are back to silence again.
It's only the loud speaker part, the normal speaker for phone calls still works.
I haven't tried to play with the volume before but I tried N9 QTweak option S to confirm the volume, but only to put it at normal volume 67%. I haven't been tweaking my phone for a while (and to be honest, I only scratched the surface as far as tweaking goes!)and it's been really stable.
This has come out of the blue and it would be criminal to have to buy another phone when I've been more than happy with this one.
Hopefully someone can figure it out
Cheers

Originally Posted by myopicbeggar View Post
This happened to me yesterday.
I was listening to music and it stopped, like a call was coming in, but nothing happened. I closed the music played and reopened it, nothing. Rebooted, nothing. Plugged it in to charge and it beeped, so I thought it was because it had a very low battery, but this morning we are back to silence again.
It's only the loud speaker part, the normal speaker for phone calls still works.
I haven't tried to play with the volume before but I tried N9 QTweak option S to confirm the volume, but only to put it at normal volume 67%. I haven't been tweaking my phone for a while (and to be honest, I only scratched the surface as far as tweaking goes!)and it's been really stable.
This has come out of the blue and it would be criminal to have to buy another phone when I've been more than happy with this one.
Hopefully someone can figure it out
Cheers
i'm also having similar issues as well. the fone is totally mute.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2012 @ South Africa
hev the same problem as the others above n hope some1 has a solution