Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
hey there, i'll preface this by saying i'm a smart guy, but no stretch of the imagination do i have any experience with this, nor any prior knowledge.

I've been trying to get Arduino programming going off of my n900, but i've run into some problems.

The dream:
Program Arduinos on the move, Usb host n900, vi/whatever coding app, compile gcc avr, then using the avr libs, upload to Arduino.

USBOTG: I've installed KP50, H-e-n GUI
AVR backend: i've been following a combination of these two guides (official guide taking highest priority)
unofficial: http://www.mbeckler.org/microcontrollers/avrgcc_build/
official: http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-...nstall_avr_gcc

Snag 1:
N900 resets/crashes after removing a usb device.

Snag 2:
configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.2+, MPFR 2.3.1+ and MPC 0.8.0+.
I have build-essential installed, and when i apt-get libmpfr/libgmp3_2 (or whatever they're called) it is reportedly already installed.. ?

Thanks for reading!

The Following User Says Thank You to optimaxxx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
Snag 2:
I have build-essential installed, and when i apt-get libmpfr/libgmp3_2 (or whatever they're called) it is reportedly already installed.. ?

Thanks for reading!
You need to download those from gnu and build them first. The version on the N900 is not current. Let me know how you go with compiling on the N900, last time I tried to compile gcc 4.7.0 on the N900 I ran out of space.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
Yeah, have begun attempting that.

Lready 2 other minor probs, need "m4" & one of my source files was corrupt.. :/

but i am thinking i am missing something, because i have those things installed, and i don't think they're out of date.

oh, have you tried clearing your tmp file?
i was having dramas because it was getting filled (only has 1mb size limit)

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
It's just a guess, but error says it needs GMP 4.2 or higher, and name libgmp3_2 would suggest it's GMP 3.2 (or other from 3.X line), so it's too old... maybe try running "apt-cache show libmpfr" and other packages to check their versions and see if it really is >=4.2 for gmp, >=2.3.1 for mpfr and >=0.8.0 for mpc... if it is, there still might be some path-related issues, maybe the configure cannot find the libs if they are in non-standard paths?