Active Topics

Notices

Anybody know if mediastreamer or canola can be made to play Apple Lossless files?

Or, alternatively, can I disable general m4a support for any of those apps? The problem is that the Nokia devices seem to support m4a but not Apple Lossless (which uses the m4a container).

I run a media server that can transcode Apple Lossless to wav, but since the mime type of Apple Lossless is m4a, the Nokia device's media players all think they can support Apple Lossless, so the media server doesn't bother transcoding. Both mediastreamer and canola just fail to play the file.

Are there any solutions to this problem (without modifying the media server itself)?

In case anyone else is interested in this, be very wary of playing with the gconf database, especially anything to do with the "osso media server" (e.g. /apps/osso/osso_media_server). I was trying to disable support for m4a, and when I tried tweaking one of the gconf keys, my N800 started going into a reboot loop. I'll have to reflash it. Good thing I didn't have any important data on there....

Edit: Oh crap! All my Maemo Mapper v2.0 test binaries! This sets me back another 2 months!

Just kidding.

: )

Last edited by gnuite; 2007-08-03 at 18:23.