Hello again. I am a newbie (well I don't think I am, but you look at the post count and think so anyway) and don't have much info about the N900.

Question is, by installing additional kernels, flashing eMMC/MMC with 3rd party beta OS, installing uboot, Hold u + power on, etc etc, can one manage to render his N900 fully useless in a state that you can't make it alive even by reflashing it with the official OS?

What kind of bootloader or startup ROM does this lovely toy have?

I read about excess CPU overclocking in some of those beta OS'es. I'd like to know if it has managed to really melt anyone's hardware so far?

The Following User Says Thank You to Hossein For This Useful Post:
No, the N900 is indestructable. (literally, it is built like a mofo tank).

IF the worst comes to the ABSOLUTE worst and you manage to REALLY screw things up you can always 'coldflash' the N900 except I cannot recall in the past year or so anyone having to do that.

You can monumentally screw things up on an N900 however it can be considered 'unbrickable'.

As for overclocking, well there are many schools of thought on that one. I for one have not heard of anyone destroying their N900 by using a 'sane' overclock (20-30%).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
N900 is pretty much impossible to kill. I wiped the rootfs completely by mistake, destroyed any bootable kernel, and had bootmenu all ****ed up, yet i still managed to restore it

The Following User Says Thank You to JadeH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Mine died on my son's hand, he throw my n900 into the water,

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
Mine died on my son's hand, he throw my n900 into the water,

Sorry for your loss