Posts: 65 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Austria
I am looking, if I can actually make my newly acquired N9 of use. Somehow I like the feel of the phone. Currently I have put it out on sale, because standard functionality is not fulfilled for me. This mostly relates to video phone. I was looking for a phone having a front camera to make video phone calls. This was fulfilled by the Nokia N9, but the cell phone seems to have no video phoning capability.

There seems to be no option to actually make video phone calls. I am looking for the old standard video calls via UMTS (in German: Videotelefonie via UMTS). Am I missing something to make this happen?

I could not find it on the phone and I tried to make a video call to the phone, as I did before with my older cell phone models.

(video phone via UMTS see Wikipedia)

Last edited by scy; 2012-06-19 at 05:53. Reason: updated link to wikipedia

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
This is a feature made not available to the n9 by nokia. you can't have it... it was quite clear from the very beginning...only symbian and some android phones have this functionality while other phones use "apps" to do video calls...lame but thats tech today (going forward 3 steps and back 2)

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Helsinki
First they made it. Then they fade it.
Video calls belong to the future.

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Timisoara, Romania
It's a "feature" They care about our money What is saying: why do you spent some bucks on video call to your operator and not use this "good" and free apps ?
Why ? Because I want !!!

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Austria
Thanks to your replies, you are all so right. Tech has learnt from fashion economics. Hype it, swipe it, don't like it.

I assume, now I understand the English meaning of "to swipe something".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Hi! I have a server which I can make SIP (video) telephony. Is it possible to change the SIP data from Google to my server? So I can make with my friends / family, the video telephony?