Active Topics

Hello everybody, i didnt now where to post this, i hope this place is fine. I've been having some problems with my n900. It happens when i open the keyboard or close it, put it on the table or just shaking it .. It turns off. I still have warranty, and i was going to send it but i just realized i installed a lot of stuff from extras-devel overclocked it, and i saw somewhere that that voids warranty. Although i did all that I'm pretty much a newbie and i was wondering how can i make a backup of all os/apps/etc and then reflash it so it would be just like out of the box, and then send it to warranty. Please help

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
IIRC there haven't been any cases of N900s being rejected due to overclocking/KP/etc.

Anyways, you can install BackupMenu, back up to a SD card, and send it in. Note that nowadays Nokia replaces your N900 with a E7 or something, so you may be a wee bit disappointed when you get your phone back.

BTW, that's a weird problem with your phone. Are you sure it isn't a broken flex cable or loose battery?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I have a similar problem and no warranty. My spare N900 starts to boot and turns off, and this for sure isn't a flashing issue, but looks like hardware that I probably mangled. I'm not sure what the flex cable is, but that or something loose related to the battery seems likely. I'm not very comfortable messing around with the innards of my device, but tips or links for solving this kind of problem would be cool.

To add a bit more explanation: I had an intermittent battery looseness that seemed to be getting worse. I put some cardboard beneath the battery, hoping to tighten the connection. Afterwards, it stopped booting entirely, though it always tries. This is even with a freshly charged, brand new Scud battery. (yes, i removed the cardboard)

Ok, so i made a backup of rootfs and opt. This means i get all os , cssu, applications and settings back as they were now k ? Lets hope it would be ok with the warranty and they wont send me another phone...except a new n900..but i doubt it.
What's flex cable ? Is it the one that connects the display with the rest of the phone so it can slide nicely ? I think that might be, but why does it shutdown completely ? I don't think it's the battery, because i didn't had this problem before..oh well before i dropped it a few times :\.. But except that all its working very good.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Chennai, India
What is the status of this device now? Got it repaired or got any replacement?? Just curious, I have sent it to Nokia India today for repair. Broken USB is the issue.