Active Topics

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
I hooked up my Nokia N900 to an external hard drive which is formatted with ntfs.
The new power kernel automatically mounts drives when they're connected with hostmode, but it completely ignores the udev rules I've set and my modified fstab (both of which tell it to use ntfs-3g instead of ntfs).

A simple hack to get it to work is to umount it and then manually mount it again ('cause if I do it manually, then it does comply with udev/fstab), but it's an ugly way of fixing such a problem and I don't want to risk any data corruption.

How do I modify this behaviour of the kernel (51r1)?

Last edited by ffha; 2012-10-12 at 21:26.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
I don't think this is an issue with the kernel. The kernel does not mount anything.

This looks more related to ke-recv. I suppose you have the CSSU. You should ask them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Yep, you're right.
I herp derped at 7 in the morning.

Will try to come up with a fix in a moment.

Edit: "a moment"...
Can't find any parameters to adjust ke-recv and I don't think messing with the source is going to get me anywhere.

Edit2: Fixed it.

Last edited by ffha; 2012-10-12 at 21:26.

"Solved" in the title usually means solution is in the thread...care to share it?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nman For This Useful Post:
I honestly don't remember, but I might have "fixed" it by simply replacing the kernel module with ntfs-3g.
It was just too unstable; the driver would randomly shut down from time to time and two months ago it completely screwed up the filesystem on the hard drive, causing me to lose all data on it (which wasn't that big of a deal, but still cause for worry).

Just format it with ext3 and spare yourself the headaches.
I did and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

Edit: Your bump made me realise I never finished my N900-server tutorial (with Bash as a web cgi).
I'll try to finish it this week.
Thanks!

Last edited by ffha; 2013-03-03 at 13:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to ffha For This Useful Post: