Hi, I've been an n900 user for a couple of years now and this is my second device after my first had a water accident :\

I recently got the second handset and I've got it overclocked and running CSSU stable.

All was well until a couple of weeks ago when my device started acting strangely, usually when I'm sending txt messages.

The screen calibration seems to go off, I'll click "send" but it won't register a click and when I try to scroll the conversation it jumps around. Only fix seems to be a bit of time. I even tried restarting the phone and the problem persisted through reboot. It usually doesn't take long to start working normally again, tends to be a few minutes.

The phone had been working fine for a week or two and the only thing I changed in between that time was I think the background image.

I have quite a few programs installed, does anyone know of any that causes issues like the ones I've described or does anyone have some advice on problem solving my issue as I'm pretty stumped.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Oh and just to be clear the wonky screen callibration is throughout the whole device when (I think) conversations triggers it. It's not just conversations that gets messed up, which makes it frustrating to troubleshoot as its hard opening or switching to other programs.

EDIT2:
Symptoms seem to be worse now I'm paying more attention to it. Sometimes when I click on a button say a back arrow in the top right it'll highlight the button as blue but hang till I lock, unlock. Conky is also crashing after opening for a second. The layout of Conky is fine then elements jump around, kind of scrambled up, and it crashes.

Issue with CSSU perhaps? I had all the other apps on my old n900 but I never used CSSU on it. Only different apps I think I have are the usb host mode switcher and a different wifi disabler toggle.

Last edited by AnAnarchist; 2012-10-21 at 19:50.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ India
do u have a screen guard on it?

Originally Posted by thashku View Post
do u have a screen guard on it?
No screen guard no.

I'm pretty sure its not a hardware issue as the bug pretty reliably crops up in the conversations program. (Though I'm pretty sure I've seen it happen elsewhere, perhaps merely receiving a txt causes the issue? I'm really not sure.)

It also fixes itself after a relatively short period of time, say a minute to 3 minutes. However it can be re triggered by using conversations more. Sometimes however I have no issues txting :\

Just went to check my phone and the bug was present directly from unlock despite not having conversations open or receiving any txt.

Frustrating.

It appears very much like bad screen calibration but less consistent or predictable in what touches will function correctly.