Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
?

?

?

That would be VERY SAD

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Nope, your the winner, Congratulations!!!!!!

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Nope, your the winner, Congratulations!!!!!!
Ok would someone who is smart try to port genesis or snes from gp2x to get 20-40 fps on those emus?

(unless everyone really is dumber than me)

so this concludes you have that working ?

And just for the record, fully 49.999999% of the people you meet are below average! (Some days, it seems like lots more than that, though!)

Originally Posted by gsagers View Post
And just for the record, fully 49.999999% of the people you meet are below average! (Some days, it seems like lots more than that, though!)
You, my good man, obviously do not understand statistics! 49% of people are below the median. The average can be any value in the set, from the highest to the lowest, depending on the conditions of the set:

100 students, 1 student gets a 100% on his test, 99 other students get a 0%. Average is 1%, 99% are below average.

Yeah, yeah, I know it's the median - but it sure seems like half the people I meet on a given day are below average!

And to return to topic, I am dumber than ArnimS when it comes to porting.

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Singapore
We do lack active developers on the maemo platform.

Originally Posted by torx View Post
We do lack active developers on the maemo platform.
That's because there is no incentive. I work 40-50 hours a week on my regular job (as a 'real' developer) and I also help my wife with her business about 20 hours a week. Both of these activities have incentives. I'm also talking to a company in NY about telecommuting 30 hours a week, in the evenings, from 6:00PM to midnight, just to make a few extra bucks.

If I could make any money writing apps for the IT, I would. Q: How many professional applications have been written/(not ported) for the IT? (Don't include the unsupported bundle-ware thrown together by Nokia.) A: One. How successful was it? 0%? I won't mention the name of it, but what product was actually created specifically for the IT, with the intent of making money?

People always say they would love to have an app that does this or that, or they would like an app ported from a completely different platform, but these things take time and time is money. Hey, I would love a web browser that I could dial into work with, that would run my Java Net-Op client. Heck, I would be happy to even have a usable Java environment for the IT. I wish someone would write a good, integrated Outlook-style PDA for the IT, that synced flawlessly with Outlook or Entourage, so that I could get rid of my Franklin-Covey day planner. I'm still carrying a stack of paper around.

Sorry, I am just trying to make a point here, not start a firestorm.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
I agree that the lack of incentive is a sorry thing. Maybe that will change in teh future, but the devie will have to spread at least ten fold until any software business is really viable for the device (excluding the 200 euro gps mappers, which may break even ).