Active Topics

Hello, I am planning to sell my N900. I don't want to depart with it but I think if I am going to sell it, it should go to someone who appeciates how great the N900 is. Now help me help you, I want to be fair in selling this as I don't know how much I should be selling it for and I ask you reading this to let me know what price is fair to us both. The phone has a screen protector that I've lapped on since 2011 so it's the protector that's scratched up in the photos. The screen does have some scratches though. Also, the LCD shows three small bright white triangles when displaying a white background. There are two big negatives I consider with the phone. 1. The USB port fell out (I don't have experience with soldering so I couldn't fix it) and 2. I keep getting the "telephony communication error" as pictured below. Other than that, it works great. As I said, I love this phone. I've used it so much, like for Skype, comic reading, breaking into people's WiFi...The body of the phone is between fair-good condition I'd say.

I've had this phone since early 2010. It currently has the lastest version of CSSU testing. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks for looking!

The Following User Says Thank You to GreyZeppelin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
May I suggest you clarify:

1) Do you have the detached usb socket
2) The "telephony communication error" is always present ie. the phone never works OR it keeps coming back after a period of functionality?

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
it sounds like it is utterly shagged, I will give you 20 euro?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
I've always wanted to have a N900 but if I buy from someone this far, the shipping costs might be higher than actual price. Also no luck around finding one in India.

May I know what would be an approx market price for a second hand N900 like this?

The Following User Says Thank You to bibek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by bibek View Post
May I know what would be an approx market price for a second hand N900 like this?
With the problems described here, who knows. Useful for spare parts perhaps but maybe, maybe fixable. You a gamblin' man/woman?

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
I've always wanted to have a N900 but if I buy from someone this far, the shipping costs might be higher than actual price. Also no luck around finding one in India.

Hey you can get one in India, new as well as used..

Here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bvaibhav For This Useful Post:
Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
My screen broke down last month
Still working though

If you go look in ebay you would find one but it will cost around 9000rs
or maybe at olx.in but cant comment on condition since most of them post pictures from web rather than real ones.

I will be selling my soon as got Note 2 as present last month but till then i will keep playing with mine

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raaj13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
I'd rather sugest You to change topic for ''DONATE FOR PARTS'' with someone to pay shipping costs. With broken USB, SIM CARD error, nearly broken screen (from my personal experience it will work no longer than year, mayby bit more), even the case it self is ''tired'' and personaly I would not consider having it for spare part.

Days of glory of Your device are gone, that's it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
I will say that: my N900 has had worse scratches, having never had worn a screen protector. Fortunately, it has no white spots, or any other problems with the display.
Broken USB... Find a soldering expert, and you can do anything, up to inductive charging.
SIM card error... Never used a SIM card.
Nearly broken screen which will work no longer than year is troublesome, indeed. Most applications are not usable in blind mode, as I had recently discovered. However, with gradual transition, it might be possible to reprogram the device to be at least phone-level functional - microphone and speakers, LED and buttons and keyboard are still here. Blind-shoot camera isn't comfortable, but it might get the work done. Besides, it is possible to connect TV as external display to N900.
It might be my phobia of screws that makes me protest the idea of separating N900 into parts.
I am not looking for an N900; merely attempting to cheer up others by describing how the device could be kept alive despite the injuries
Per aspera ad astra...

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2012-12-29 at 17:03.

I'm selling mine for Rs 8300, excluding shipment. check out my post

The Following User Says Thank You to trApsody For This Useful Post: