Notices

Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Hello all,

I compiled this small photo viewer to have an easy touch screen application which zooming the position where you make a double tap.
You can zoom out step wise with the minus key or make a double tap to fit again to the screen.

Maybe it is useful for somebody else. Feel free to try it out. It is quite self explanatory.

MihPhoto is meant to be a simple touchscreen-friendly image viewer.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: deb mihphoto_1_0_13_armel_beta2.deb (153.1 KB, 413 views)

Last edited by Halftux; 2015-04-06 at 16:01. Reason: new beta version out

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Knowhere
Nice work ! I love the style of buttons. Though i would like to suggest some improvements. The photo-names below the thumbnails are not visible properly, get overlapped by the below thumbs. The previous-next buttons dont work, they take you too thumb gallery. While i double tap to zoom, the images should be scrollable, so each and every corner of the image can be viewed. Right now when you zoom and scroll to see upper right corner, it will take u to the next image.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pistachio For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pistachio View Post
Nice work ! I love the style of buttons. Though i would like to suggest some improvements. The photo-names below the thumbnails are not visible properly, get overlapped by the below thumbs. The previous-next buttons dont work, they take you too thumb gallery. While i double tap to zoom, the images should be scrollable, so each and every corner of the image can be viewed. Right now when you zoom and scroll to see upper right corner, it will take u to the next image.
Yes that is true there is room for some improvements. This was only a quick feasibility study if it is easy to work with the source.
Furthermore this version is for multi-touch. There is also an old version for single-touch (I saw it afterwards) I will look into it and will cook a more useable version for the N900 before it will got to extra repository.

By the way the previous-next buttons are jump to start-end from gallery buttons. You can use swipe or left and right arrow key to get to next previous picture.

At the moment I didn't do any development work I only compiled it and put it into a deb. So all thank-you should go to Mihai Paslarin for sharing his source code. I was looking for QT examples to write my own viewer but this application is so promising to work with that I will make some improvements. I posted it here to get some impression and ideas from the community. So thank you for the feedback.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Bulgaria
I tested and liked it much, especially the keyboard options. One thing I noticed that the application is too much power hungry, but need more testing to be sure.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to magare For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pistachio View Post
Right now when you zoom and scroll to see upper right corner, it will take u to the next image.
You can try to run the application in single-touch mode by adding a command line parameter --no-multitouch. However the upper menu is hardly responsive. But the zoom function is very nice then.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by magare View Post
One thing I noticed that the application is too much power hungry, but need more testing to be sure.
Yes I have the same feeling.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
Hello all,

I compiled this small photo viewer to have an easy touch screen application which zooming the position where you make a double tap.
You can zoom out step wise with the minus key or make a double tap to fit again to the screen.

Maybe it is useful for somebody else. Feel free to try it out. It is quite self explanatory.
Thanks its pretty good, it could be very usefull if properly ported. Btw gif animation is not working.

Added a new beta version to first post. Now it should be more useable.

- fixed slightly the menu
- fixed the settings dialog
- fixed slightly names under thumbs

Remove previous installation with
dpkg -r mihphoto
rm /home/user/.mihphoto.config

Install
dpkg -i mihphoto_1_0_13_armel_beta2.deb

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
Though we can zoom in and out from the in-app buttons and from the volume key too. But I have an idea and felt like sharing. What if we can zoom in and out by sliding up and down on the screen, like we scroll on lappys through the touchpad.

The Following User Says Thank You to princefakhan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by princefakhan View Post
What if we can zoom in and out by sliding up and down on the screen, like we scroll on lappys through the touchpad.
Then you can't scroll up and down a zoomed picture. When you use the zoom slider you don't need to press a button.

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:

Tags
gallery, photo, photo viewer, picture, viewer