Active Topics

Hello, I know there are a couple long threads that are targetted at getting dun to work properly with a t-mobile phone. Ive tried just about every setting possibility listed on the thread : http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...?t=4562&page=5

Im using a samsung SGHE890 which is a fairly new touchscreen phone.. i can access t-zones from the phone without a hitch. I have gotten the phone and n800 to pair successfully, or at least tell me that much, but then i just cant get any type of internet service to work. I have two connections on the n800 currently, i have "T-Mobile Internet" and then one ive called "Edge data" I have tried changing the settings from data call to packet data, and nothing nor any combination of settings seems to make it work. Also tried putting in the AT commands, however im a little unsure if im supposed to include the commas and the parenthesis.....plz help me get my n800 surfing!

anyone have any tips/tricks? I might try going by the t-mobile store, but i highly doubt that they will know how to setup an n800.....I know that when i try to connect to my phone by either using the Edge data profile, or the tmobile internet profile, it immediatly beeps on my phone and it asks me if i wish to DUN connect to N800, of course i click yes, then the edge and bluetooth lights blink on my phone for a few seconds, and then it just stops. then i get an error on the n800 either saying its a server error, or something else.......plz help

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Chicago, IL, USA
Your best bet is go go search the T-Mobile sub-forum over on http://www.howardforums.com/, as that is pretty much the cell phone geek capital of the Internet. There should be a post with the appropriate APN and proxy details somewhere there.

Originally Posted by vegasvento View Post
anyone have any tips/tricks? I might try going by the t-mobile store, but i highly doubt that they will know how to setup an n800.....I know that when i try to connect to my phone by either using the Edge data profile, or the tmobile internet profile, it immediatly beeps on my phone and it asks me if i wish to DUN connect to N800, of course i click yes, then the edge and bluetooth lights blink on my phone for a few seconds, and then it just stops. then i get an error on the n800 either saying its a server error, or something else.......plz help
I have a Samsung with AT&T provider and it took several weeks of perusing and puzzling the vast Internet archives to finally get internet connectivity through the stupid samsung phone. Basically I needed a series of scripts on the 770 to make the DUN connection work. I've been meaning to clean them up and post about it...others have done so too. I really don't understand a lot of it, but it's surprising what can get done with no understanding.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Step by step, http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...1383#post71383, and http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=9437. As mentioned in the 2nd post, sequency of waking up the phone matters, try to vary the sequence and see what you get. Post back your experience or problems. We will help to get it work,

bun

OkOk, ill try the steps tomorrow....if i was to get a new phone, do you think the nokia 9300
communicator would work better? ivE always liked the 9300, and it has edge/bluetooth.
....that or whats the smallest phone i can pickup and have work..thanks for all your help
, ill try the steps tomorrow....if i was to get a new phone, do you think the nokia 9300 communicator would work better? ivE always liked the 9300, and it has edge/bluetooth.....that or whats the smallest phone i can pickup and have work

well unfortunatly Bun, neither of those links you provided seem to work, they both give errors this morning.

OkOk, ill try the steps tomorrow....if i was to get a new phone, do you think the nokia 9300
communicator would work better?
Any phone would connect better to Nokia's Tablets than the Samsungs. Why not take your IT to the mobile shop and try it with the 9300?

This may not help, but may provide ideas/clues.
I got my Razr, 770 & t-zones all talking nice together here.

well ive never actually bought a phone from an authorized retail store hehe. Ive always bought from ebay or other online retailer with a cheaper price, then taken the unlocked phone to which ever provider im using at the time. I was considering getting the 9300i...but then i was like wait...why would i want to pay more for my phone to have wifi when i have wifi on my tablet heh. i found the 8300(non-wifi) for a little over 100 bucks, so i might pick it up and try it. I would really just like to find a set of proper settings for my sgh-e890 because i really love the phone, and its still pretty state of the art. The one poster earlier said he had to run a series of scripts on his n800 to get it to dun to his samsung phone.....not too sure what thats all about hehe. I also have postings up on howard forums hopeing to get an answer as well.