Posts: 19 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
Hello all,

I recently restored a previous backup of my clean, working system to my nokia 770. Since then, my browser has been unable to display images. The reason I had to restore in the first place was because I tried to install that mozilla-type browser and made a holy mess of it, so browsing had stopped working altogether. Is there a way back from here, other than formatting the thing and starting from scratch, which I'd really like to avoid?

Thanks!

Deirdre

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Go into your browser, open the browser menu and look at the "View -> Show images" menu item... yours is most likely set to "Never", possibly due to the restoration of the backup.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Go into your browser, open the browser menu and look at the "View -> Show images" menu item... yours is most likely set to "Never", possibly due to the restoration of the backup.
My 770 keeps doing this every now and then, maybe once a week. When I open the browser, some settings in the menu have changed.. Images and JavaScript are turned off and the toolbar is showing also in fullscreen mode (I usually keep this hidden).

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
Yay yay yay! I have pictures again! I thought it'd be a setting alright, but I saw nothing in with the javascript tickbox and looked no further.. Lazy troubleshooting! Thanks!

Now to break it again with more installs At least I've learned to back it up first, eh?