maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   N9/N950 Email/Mail for Exchange - Get help & give feedback here (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78480)

arkanoid 2011-10-12 09:00

Re: N9/N950 Email/Mail for Exchange - Get help & give feedback here

Works really smoothly with Google (unlike Fremantle version). Still occasional random merged contact "explosions" and duplicates do happen. If it is a bug on the google side, it would be nice to have a workaround..

jakiman 2011-10-12 10:44

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but...

The mail client is REALLY bad when there is a lot of images in the email. It constantly flickers and goes back to the top of the email everytime it finishes loading 1 image. Then that repeats for every image.

My work requires emails with lots of little screenshots quite often. This makes the N9 mail client really really annoying. Even Symbian client such as on N8/E7/X7 is much better in this regard. I hope this is addressed in future update....

Sergey_Kashin 2011-10-12 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkanoid (Post 1107416)
Works really smoothly with Google (unlike Fremantle version). Still occasional random merged contact "explosions" and duplicates do happen. If it is a bug on the google side, it would be nice to have a workaround..

Should be fixed in the update (not sure that in the first update).

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakiman (Post 1107464)
Not sure if anyone mentioned this but...

The mail client is REALLY bad when there is a lot of images in the email. It constantly flickers and goes back to the top of the email everytime it finishes loading 1 image. Then that repeats for every image.

My work requires emails with lots of little screenshots quite often. This makes the N9 mail client really really annoying. Even Symbian client such as on N8/E7/X7 is much better in this regard. I hope this is addressed in future update....

We have a bug for this case. Thanks for your feedback.

MortenS 2011-10-12 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by MortenS (Post 1107134)
Is it possible to sync Outlook (2007) calendar and mails via USB cable to N9?

I would have thought this was a very simple question?

Sergey_Kashin 2011-10-12 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by MortenS (Post 1107532)
I would have thought this was a very simple question?

Simple, but a bit in a wrong thread :) As far as I know, it should be possible to sync calendar and mails via USB (never tried it myself).

MortenS 2011-10-12 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin (Post 1107536)
Simple, but a bit in a wrong thread :) As far as I know, it should be possible to sync calendar and mails via USB (never tried it myself).

Thanks Sergey! That makes me happy again. I was about to give up, 'cause there seemed to be no way for me to sync it. :)

Wrong thread you say? Have been looking and searching quite a lot with no luck...

Sergey_Kashin 2011-10-12 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by MortenS (Post 1107544)
Thanks Sergey! That makes me happy again. I was about to give up, 'cause there seemed to be no way for me to sync it. :)

Wrong thread you say? Have been looking and searching quite a lot with no luck...

Wrong thread only because here we are talking about MfE+Email applications (Email app + Activesync daemon and so on) and your question was to guys from other team :)
P.S. Not sure that they started a thread. ;) So, perhaps such questions is better to ask somewhere here

lma 2011-10-12 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDVsx (Post 1102037)
now that the N9 is shipping, in the good open source spirit, we are looking for constructive feedback on the email and mail for exchange clients

Ah, so these are open source finally? That is truly mwkn-worthy news, but I missed it. Pointers to the announcement, repositories etc welcome :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDVsx (Post 1104516)
unfortunately we can't share our debug tools

Aw, why not? :-(

Miihkail 2011-10-12 18:31

I've countered 1 problem with n9 so far.

When i make mfe account everything goes as it should until about 5 min after account informs that it cannot contact the mail server and red arrow shows up at the upper edge.

Haven't found way to make it work.
I use mfe from telia sonera and it has been working without any problems on android, iOS, symbian, wp7 so there must be something in harmattan that causes this.

Mail works fine if i configure it to use imap, but i need my contacts and calendars asap.

Amazing phone in every way....

Forgot to tell that fist sync goes trough without any problems

Sergey_Kashin 2011-10-12 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by lma (Post 1107754)
Ah, so these are open source finally? That is truly mwkn-worthy news, but I missed it. Pointers to the announcement, repositories etc welcome :-)

Unfortunately, only these sources are open.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lma (Post 1107754)
Aw, why not? :-(

It's quite simple, check my answer about opened sources :D