maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [Noob Friendly Guide] How to get HTC Style Clock/Weather Widget on N900 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72398)

Jagat4webber 2011-04-22 10:57

Re: [Noob Friendly Guide] How to get HTC Style Clock/Weather Widget on N900

Prozac786;993599
My Clock is not updating, what could be the problem, how do it set the settings??

shazosbourne 2011-04-22 11:13

Your clock will probably only update when you refresh the desktop with a swipe.

Jagat4webber 2011-04-22 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazosbourne (Post 993645)
Your clock will probably only update when you refresh the desktop with a swipe.

Thankx mate, I changed the "interval' time to 30 sec. now it updates every 30 second.

notaridavid 2011-04-22 13:13

Hey,

Thanks for this guide, really helpfully.

But, I have one question, if i try to change any options for example the widget size, the clock is no more works why ????

qosmio 2011-04-22 13:23

[QUOTE=notaridavid;993685]Hey,

But, I have one question, if i try to change any options for example the widget size, the clock is no more works why ????[/QUOTE

Reset the remember me value at the bottom once you make any changes and then click save&run.

Kind regards Qosmio

Prozac786 2011-04-22 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by notaridavid (Post 993685)
Hey,

But, I have one question, if i try to change any options for example the widget size, the clock is no more works why ????

Just to elaborate on what Qosimo said:

If you change any of the widget sizes, thats fine, but after you have done that, go to the settings of the Background Panel.

Scroll right to the bottom of this window, it will have a "remember me value" box, with some numbers inside it (date/month/year/time) etc.

The numbers do not matter, just delete them so that box is empty.

Then scroll to the top of the window and click save and run.

Prozac786 2011-04-22 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagat4webber (Post 993650)
Thankx mate, I changed the "interval' time to 30 sec. now it updates every 30 second.

Yes thats right. In my guide I did mention to go to update policies and click yes on the 4 update policies I suggested, and also click update interval to 30 seconds.

Fresh Prince of Nowhere 2011-04-22 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironm8 (Post 993383)
everything seems fine, except i have an image not found when loading the weather widget.help apreciated

same here. apt-get install wget says its at the newest version too. Do I copy the flipclock images folder to the queen beecon dir or the individual files? Whats the fastest way to transfer the individual files?

Prozac786 2011-04-23 02:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Nowhere (Post 993863)
same here. apt-get install wget says its at the newest version too. Do I copy the flipclock images folder to the queen beecon dir or the individual files? Whats the fastest way to transfer the individual files?

Just copy the image(s) within the folder(s) I mentioned in the guide. Don't copy the folder it self.

I use WinSCP to transfer files between my PC and N900. Its pretty fast and reliable

XxPAPixSMURFxX 2011-04-23 03:31

is the widget suppose to be one piece or several pieces bc i have a piece for each widget along with the n900 image. oh and i was wondering if you can change the time to 12hrs. mode instead of the one that goes to 24hrs.