maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [Announce] cuteTube - A feature-rich YouTube client (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65854)

hardy_magnus 2017-07-15 14:53

Re: [Announce] cuteTube - A feature-rich YouTube client

last time i checked cutetube2 and musikloud these two weren't working at all, will check again tonight.

ynzinier 2017-07-15 15:07

Broken video playback - no streams found for a long time for me...

mr_pingu 2017-08-07 15:19

Anybody having luck on getting videos working on maemo5 or Harmattan?

sixwheeledbeast 2017-08-07 17:35

Downloads are fine on most channels, played with media player.
Streaming hasn't been working for a while.

freemangordon 2017-08-07 19:34

I will try to fix it (again!) as soon as I find some spare time

Xagoln 2017-08-14 00:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by freemangordon (Post 1532219)
I will try to fix it (again!) as soon as I find some spare time

I presume this happens when Youtube changes something on their side. Just to lighten your workload, would it be difficult to explain how to find what has changed and updated CuteTube accordingly so that one of us could make them?

Or are the changes pretty varied each time?

freemangordon 2017-08-14 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xagoln (Post 1532577)
I presume this happens when Youtube changes something on their side. Just to lighten your workload, would it be difficult to explain how to find what has changed and updated CuteTube accordingly so that one of us could make them?

Or are the changes pretty varied each time?

Look at https://github.com/marxoft/qyoutube/pull/4

Since that pull request it seems they changed decryption function signature in base.js again, so we need to fix the regex to match it.

EDIT:
It seems this time we have SSL error :(:
"SSL handshake failed: A TLS fatal alert has been received.". I guess we'll need a new gnutls, again.

freemangordon 2017-08-14 17:25

2 Attachment(s)
The attached .debs should make it working for you (at least they do it for me :) )

The problem was in libsoup disabling TLS1.2 and TLS1.1, this is the reason:

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=622857 and
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gn.../msg00011.html

What I did is to enable TLS1.2 and TLS1.1 back. If anybody has concerns, please share.

qyoutube deb is attached just to be sure everybody is using the latest version of it.

Also, I did not change debian/changelog for either packages - I don't really want yet another maintainership on my plate.

panjgoori 2017-08-15 07:52

I can confirm that video playback is working fine

mike727 2017-08-24 04:09

Has a "middle-man" been considered? Might help with current/future problems?
https://hooktube.com/

Edit: On 2nd thought, I guess that website provides no additional function/advantage; perhaps having some similar process like cuteTube in fetching YT videos (& having the same seasonal issues)?
Pardon my ignorance.

sicelo 2017-09-29 14:14

Searching gives me "Unknown error" now ... will test again on a different network as the WiFi network I'm on has proxying and other MITM features.

xman 2017-10-09 06:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by freemangordon (Post 1532608)
The attached .debs should make it working for you (at least they do it for me :) )

The problem was in libsoup disabling TLS1.2 and TLS1.1, ....

Hmm, tried for a few hours, to try and make it work. Sadly nothing. I tried app manager, FAP, apt-get and finally directly from your linked debs did dpkg to reinstall .... and still the same issue "Video cannot be played"

So appreciated you already doing an update. Just passing along my feedback.

Cheers

x

biketool 2017-10-09 11:55

FWIW I just used it this morning with the AAC convert script given upthread. It worked well.

xman 2017-10-17 05:27

Hmm, not sure I know which one your talking about. Could you add a link or give me a post number?

xes 2018-10-22 05:48

So it seems that cutetube2 is broken again reporting "No streams available"...

justmemory 2018-10-23 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by xes (Post 1549562)
So it seems that cutetube2 is broken again reporting "No streams available"...

Hi,

it is working fine for me...

jm

Halftux 2018-10-23 17:19

@xes and justmemory could be that it is a ssl problem which faces xes, but on justmemory's system it is not the case. So lets see where is the difference.

1. which cutube2 and which qyoutube version is installed?
could be that you need a version which is not in extras
2. which maemosec-certman-common-ca version is installed
certificate could be to old
3. which libqt4-network version is installed
could be that you need SNI-patch
4. which openssl version is installed
could be you need higher support of TLS version (cutube2 version in repository is fixed to TLS v1.0 same for qyoutube)
edit: or maybe it is libsoup or gnutls what freemangordon said

justmemory 2018-10-24 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halftux (Post 1549628)
1. which cutube2 and which qyoutube version is installed?
could be that you need a version which is not in extras

cutetube2 is 0.5.2; qyoutube is 0.1.9

Quote:

2. which maemosec-certman-common-ca version is installed
certificate could be to old

maemosec-certman-common-ca is 0.2.10

Quote:

3. which libqt4-network version is installed
could be that you need SNI-patch

libqt4-network is 1:4.7.4~git20110505+cssu12

Quote:

4. which openssl version is installed
could be you need higher support of TLS version (cutube2 version in repository is fixed to TLS v1.0 same for qyoutube)
edit: or maybe it is libsoup or gnutls what freemangordon said

openssl is 1.1.0h-4 (it is from you, Halftux)
libsoup is libsoup2.4; version: 2.30.2-1+squeeze1+0m5 (it is what freemangordon provided here)
libgnutls26 is 2.4.2-6

xes 2018-10-25 05:40

Thank you very much for the tips and version comparison, situation is the same except libqt4-network that is 1:4.7.4~git20110505+cssu15 from http://maemo.merlin1991.at/cssu/comm...ree/q/qt4-x11/.

...but the error is there for any video: "No streams found" ...weird.

justmemory 2018-10-25 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by xes (Post 1549682)
Thank you very much for the tips and version comparison, situation is the same except libqt4-network that is 1:4.7.4~git20110505+cssu15 from http://maemo.merlin1991.at/cssu/comm...ree/q/qt4-x11/.

...but the error is there for any video: "No streams found" ...weird.

There is one thing I can think of in connection with openssl version...

Halftux 2018-10-25 19:25

By the way openssl 1.1.0h is not from me, jonwil did it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmemory (Post 1549685)
There is one thing I can think of in connection with openssl version...

I doubt this will help here, it should fix console apps.

Rehashing the certificates maybe?
But I guess it has something to do with libqt4.
Try to recompile the applications or install my debs, I did it with some (experimental):
http://www.setius.net/downs/maemo/qtcssu/

Don't know what is the role from libsoup.

I don't want to try because youtube/google want my phone number now. Really old accounts only made for trying logged the last time years ago in, and now that and you can't disable this behavior.:mad: All people should get unique id's this is what we want, I don't want to get another prepaid.

biketool 2018-11-11 15:02

Has there been any success before I start dpkg-ing in Halftux's debs?
I would rather trust either cut/pasting a few lines into a file or obviously apt upgrading than hand installing random and possibly problematic out of stream debs.
No disrespect to Halftux, it is just not really the unix way for a production device like an everyday phone.
I tried to get started but libqt4 dep errors.

TMavica 2018-11-11 18:28

The author disappeared long time, the last online is 2016....I have worried aboit him

Halftux 2018-11-12 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by biketool (Post 1550482)
Has there been any success before I start dpkg-ing in Halftux's debs?
I would rather trust either cut/pasting a few lines into a file or obviously apt upgrading than hand installing random and possibly problematic out of stream debs.
No disrespect to Halftux, it is just not really the unix way for a production device like an everyday phone.
I tried to get started but libqt4 dep errors.

Success I don't know not enough time to go through this. But probably partial success.
You don't need to install my debs you can compile the debs yourself. You need to change in the sources that is not fixed to tls 1.0.
For my debs you need to have openssl and libqt4 from cssu-devel, because these are the only version which support higher tls versions and they could solve the problem.

biketool 2018-11-20 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halftux (Post 1550540)
Success I don't know not enough time to go through this. But probably partial success.
You don't need to install my debs you can compile the debs yourself. You need to change in the sources that is not fixed to tls 1.0.
For my debs you need to have openssl and libqt4 from cssu-devel, because these are the only version which support higher tls versions and they could solve the problem.

OK, I am already running cssu-devel thumb, I will give this a try again when I get some time.

Halftux 2018-11-20 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by biketool (Post 1550962)
OK, I am already running cssu-devel thumb, I will give this a try again when I get some time.

Ah ok I thought cssu thumb exists only for testing. Could you post your installed libqt4 version.

I would like to try but don't want to link my old fake google account to my real phone number. Need to look for my trash sim card. But my todo list is already long...

biketool 2019-01-02 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halftux (Post 1550967)
Ah ok I thought cssu thumb exists only for testing. Could you post your installed libqt4 version.

I would like to try but don't want to link my old fake google account to my real phone number. Need to look for my trash sim card. But my todo list is already long...

OK, finally got a N900 working and back to normal, reloaded my laptop(dont ask) and was able to dpkg -i those files in.
Is there an easy way to hunt down the version of libqt4?
find / -name libqt4* | more has associated libqt4 files but the big one I dont find easily(I have also been awake for 36hrs).

For now I can watch non-music youtubes, musical ones though I can not get a playable/downloadable stream.

Maemish 2019-01-02 19:27

So it could really be possible to watch youtube without downloading videos first to phone? Hah, that would be great.

justmemory 2019-01-02 20:52

Maybe it is not connected but recently I noticed that cutetube player cannot find stream but if you choose media player for default player (in settings) then you can choose media "quality" - 360p mp4 is played by media player.

Maemish 2019-01-03 10:17

Never noticed that option. But for me it says no connection to server. So probably need to do all that magic yoy have done to the system before it will work.

justmemory 2019-01-03 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maemish (Post 1552230)
Never noticed that option. But for me it says no connection to server. So probably need to do all that magic yoy have done to the system before it will work.

Hmm... there is no magic :) I'm on CSSU Testing; I have openmediaplayer installed and set to default (replacing stock media player).

Halftux 2019-01-03 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by biketool (Post 1552210)
Is there an easy way to hunt down the version of libqt4?
find / -name libqt4* | more has associated libqt4 files but the big one I dont find easily(I have also been awake for 36hrs).

Thanks for trying. The package libqt4 is devided in several packages. The important package for ssl is libqt4-network and with:

Code:

dpkg -s libqt4-network
you will get the installed version.

community-devel: libqt4-network_4.7.4~git20110505+cssu15_armel.deb

For community-testing there is a updated libqt4-network which has a redirection fix. This one should work with packages from extras. But when you want to try out my recompiled packages you need to have newer openssl and the libqt4-* packages from community-devel. But this is not a guarantor that it will work. It could be that the login process has changed or maybe the api from youtube.

The openmediaplayer has no login process thats maybe why it is working, or it does not use ssl.

justmemory 2019-01-04 13:48

Ohh.... yeah, the openssl and other stuff - that could be a trick for me as I use the ones Halftux mentioned... (the updated one) :)

Maemish 2019-01-05 11:37

I installed open media player and cutetube did not anymore show any videos on search and could not even browse internet with opera before uninstalled it. Weird.

Maemish 2019-01-05 11:52

1 Attachment(s)
Didn't manage to do anything..When you don't know or understand anything but still try.

I could give my knowledge to the use of this community: ask me to follow up instructions and I show you how they can be understood and followed by a newbie. No understanding of dependencies, how to update packages or anything. Maybe it is better for me to stick on downloading stuff from youtube and not to try to watch them straight.

Halftux 2019-01-05 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maemish (Post 1552305)
Didn't manage to do anything..When you don't know or understand anything but still try.

So the version number of the package tells you that you are on cssu-testing. From the version you can't tell if you have the patched version because they have same version numbers. So now you need to install the patched network package from jonwil and you need to make sure to used the updated openssl package from nieldk.

Dropbox links:

patched libqt4-network [1]
openssl 1.0.1g [2]

[1] https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...2&postcount=10
[2] http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...26&postcount=1

edit:
Maybe you need/should also install updated maemosec-certman-common-ca and dependencies from cssu-devel.
Have you installed those packages?

Maemish 2019-01-05 21:52

Could not update libqt4 cause it says something about contradictions. Could not download ssl from dropbox with N900.

Maemish 2019-01-05 21:53

But thanks for helping and for links! Reeaally appreciate.