maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   PR1.2 update bring issues (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82633)

dagee04 2012-02-28 00:01

PR1.2 update bring issues

Updated to PR1.2 this morning. Had the PR1.1 Northern europe version. Since then I can't close apps. No matter which way I scroll it just minimizes it. I had swipe manager installed before this. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I can't access the email app or the mail setting in settings>applications as well. I've rebooted. Tried to reflash to a lower version. Restored settings. Nothing helps.

Anyone else experiencing other issues?

asadkhan1988 2012-02-28 00:09

Re: PR1.2 update bring issues

my made in finland white n9 also has become quite sluggish/marred with lag since 1.2 update.

not good

bltcool 2012-02-28 00:32

same, my white finland became very sluggish too....i wish they would just release the Flasher image already so i can reflash this phone fresh

chiron 2012-02-28 01:31

If your phone is being sluggish, I suggest doing a soft reset. THat will def improvve the phones performance and make it snappy like it was before

Lumiaman 2012-02-28 01:52

what is a soft reset

bmate 2012-02-28 03:07

Open Settings go to the last entry (possibly "recovery" or something like that) and choose reset settings.

the hard reset is when every gets wiped from the phone.

benny1967 2012-02-28 14:42

Two problems here:

Gallery

I had a strange problem with the gallery: Some pictures would make the gallery crash when I tried to open them. Also, they seemed to stop tracker from properly indexing the whole directory. (This is just guessing, but some images didn't show up in the gallery until I deleted the broken ones.)

Anyone else having problems with the gallery? Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this bug because I deleted the images. All I know is that both photos didn't cause any problems befor 1.2 and that they were not shot with the N9 itself. Somebody else made them and transferred them to my N9 via bluetooth.

Feeds Update

Automatically updating the feeds was always flaky, even befor PR 1.2. What I have now is new, though: When the device decides to update the feeds (or when I do so manually), it starts at feed number 17 - and never finishes. I don't see why it tries such a feed at all, because I've only subscribed to 9 feeds. Whats that?

zlatko 2012-02-28 14:45

If you feel your N9 sluggish right after the update to PR1.2 - do NOT worry! It is just tracker rebuilding its database. Takes like 10 minutes, after that your device will be silky smooth again! :P

Moli_T 2012-02-28 14:49

Push notifications for XMS and Pulse are not working since PR 1.2. I don't know if pulse will be patched, but nokia said it has stoped N9 development.

Take look at this http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia...h-notification

quipper8 2012-02-28 14:58

after reflashing pr1.1, then updating to pr1.2, one of my email accounts does not recognize the inbox folder...

I can go to INBOX in the folder tree and load it manually, but it isn't the default view when clicking on that account is blank.

The account with same settings worked previously.

I tried removing and re-adding the account as well as trying to input server with an IMAP PATH, but neither worked.

Any ideas anyone?

EDIT:since the first part of my username was the same on multiple accounts(my first name) the account name was getting set by default to that. After I re-setup the account and made sure to change the account name in the initial setup, it is ok now. not sure why this affected me now and not before, but maybe it will help someone else

TMavica 2012-02-28 15:18

I found apps for meego, app testing not able to install

njsf 2012-02-28 16:30

After the PR1.2 update fenix (Mail) does not launch AT ALL.
Backup says it cannot backup mail databases. I suspect the update corrupted them.
Also cannot access none of the email accounts, not the Mail application settings. This means I can't even delete the accounts.

Even tried with fresh flash, since images just hit NaviFirm.

Also noticing sluggishness.

UPDATE: Filed bug https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1022

bockersjv 2012-02-28 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by njsf (Post 1171376)

Also noticing sluggishness.

This is normal after any update and was the same for the N900. It takes a while for the indexing to complete and so the device can be quite sluggish for a couple of hours post the update.

afaq 2012-02-28 16:42

Just had the oddest problem. Every touch to the screen would display two bright blue dots (about 5mm in size). They would move apart in relation to my input. All icons/content became irresponsive.

A restart seems to have fixed it.

afaq 2012-02-28 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by bockersjv (Post 1171379)
This is normal after any update and was the same for the N900. It takes a while for the indexing to complete and so the device can be quite sluggish for a couple of hours post the update.

Is it normal 24 hours after? i wouldnt think so.

Looking at the posts in this thread so far - i wonder how many will be resolved with a soft reset. I would recommend people to abandon their backups. I always found that a backup would bring with it the issues i had before.

marxian 2012-02-28 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by afaq (Post 1171387)
Just had the oddest problem. Every touch to the screen would display two bright blue dots (about 5mm in size). They would move apart in relation to my input. All icons/content became irresponsive.

A restart seems to have fixed it.

I think the blue dots are for debugging touch screen input. Holding the CTRL key on the N950 makes them appear when the pressing the screen.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1...eb12165116.png

Yeshua 2012-02-28 17:52

Facebook app (1.2.40+0m7) stopped working. I can open it and choose "update", but it won't update anything. I tried deleting the account and reinstalling and rebooting, but this doesn't seem to work. Newsfeed doesn't work either for FB, RSS feed, no problem. Also, Facebook status is "online" and I can see other FB users who are online.

I noticed I can remove the Facebook app, but how do I reinstall after that? Is the app automatically offered after the app is uninstalled?

Edit: Seems I'm not the only one with Facebook problems...

[PR 1.2] Social Network notifications not working

Edit 2: Ok, I made a backup, copied it to my PC's hdd, cleared the device (Settings > Reset > Clear device), restored the backup (and other things like ringtones, pics, ...) and the FB app is working.

*wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii* http://users.telenet.be/lsz/gifs/banana.sml.gif

TMavica 2012-02-28 18:27

swipe manager no work well....have delay when swiping
how to restore to default? now i cant close app when swipe down..
all is confused

benny1967 2012-02-28 18:45

A new problem:
Video editing is present (in a very disappointing fashion), but I cannot add a new sound file to my video. It keeps the original sound, no matter what I try. Anyone had success here?

kb61 2012-02-28 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by bockersjv (Post 1171379)

did the update yesterday and it was very laggy right after. it kept getting better but it is still very sluggish - no comparison to 1.1...sometimes people call me and the phone doesnt ring.
i didnt install n9 tweak, home screen background settings or anything else which is fiddeling with the system...
something went terribly wrong with this update. im not sure how nokia is going to solve this...
what to do now? the lagginess is so annoying...

afaq 2012-02-29 09:26

So this morning my alarm didnt go off. Luckily I woke up only a little late for work. Is this a one off issue or has anyone else experienced this?

Also - whilst texting someone this morning I received a text from my carrier. The text somehow embedded itself in the personal conversations I was having. The same thing happened with an IM conversation and a text message between two different contacts. This caused a lot of confusion and potentially some harm! Not cool!!!

Vaterix 2012-02-29 09:57

use the flasher or phoenix, updating via NSU always brings issues

marrat 2012-02-29 10:20

I did a soft reset yesterday (again reinstalling my apps, *sigh*), but now the sluggishness is gone so far.

Jaekaelae 2012-02-29 11:03

I have experienced problem with current weather information dissapearing from events screen. I have to click that weather icon to open accuweather and then close it. Current weather stays on event screen for some time but then disappears. I remember i had this same problem maybe in pr1.0

eMiL 2012-02-29 11:13

Has someone else had problems with shortcuts not working? I mean the default ones where you for instance drag the lock screen about 1 inch up and you get the 4 shortcut icons! This area appears, but it is completely black for me. Downloaded and installed Shortcuts but apart from the textured background, the app is completely blank! Any ideas?

afaq 2012-02-29 11:41

Works for me fine. Suspect Shortcuts might be to blame.

cm6 2012-02-29 12:33

PR1.2 Camera bugs.

The file naming structure has changed.
From YearMonthDate_xxx.jpg (20120228_050.jpg) to YearMonthxxxx.jpg (12020001.jpg).

Face Detection setting does not stay disabled after closing camera app.
Open camera app. Disable Face Detection. Close camera app. Open again. Face Recognition still there.

Dragoss91 2012-02-29 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by cm6 (Post 1172002)
PR1.2 Camera bugs.

The file naming structure has changed.
From YearMonthDate_xxx.jpg (20120228_050.jpg) to YearMonthxxxx.jpg (12020001.jpg).

Face Detection setting does not stay disabled after closing camera app.
Open camera app. Disable Face Detection. Close camera app. Open again. Face Recognition still there.

Same here , face detection stays enabled . It seems Nokia fixed some bugs but created others ...

dagee04 2012-02-29 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaekaelae (Post 1171961)
I have experienced problem with current weather information dissapearing from events screen. I have to click that weather icon to open accuweather and then close it. Current weather stays on event screen for some time but then disappears. I remember i had this same problem maybe in pr1.0

You're right. It was always bad staying on the events screen and would usually stay for a couple of hours max but on PR1.2 it seems worse. Few minutes and it's gone. Oh well they never got it right from the start.

Kozzi 2012-02-29 12:58

How is new photo renaming scheme a bug ? I mean if you want to get those photos copied to your computer, it's better to use EXIF tags to auto-rename anyway. Well unless you take more than 9999 pictures a month.

bouznak 2012-02-29 13:02

I don't know if it is a bug or not but since PR 1.2 update, my wifi connection don't stop when I quit an Internet using app. I would like to get back the PR 1.1 wifi behaviour which was certainly better for battery life.

Is anyone else experiencing this ? :confused:

Dave999 2012-02-29 13:06

No, but internet connection shall not stop when you close an app! That is a Mega defect in my brain. Sorry.

benny1967 2012-02-29 13:08

Adding audio to a video doesn't work for me in the video editor. :(

bouznak 2012-02-29 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 1172029)
No, but internet connection shall not stop when you close an app! That is a Mega defect in my brain. Sorry.

When "background connection" is disabled, I find it is a good thing. I don't like to see my battery be drained with useless connections. PR 1.1 had a very good wifi behaviour for me.

lifeintheblitz 2012-02-29 13:49

I have observed that XVID and DIVX files are a little choppy now. It's like they are skipping a frame or two. They used to play as smooth as butter with PR 1.1 H.264 files still play well though.

Jaekaelae 2012-02-29 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagee04 (Post 1172014)
You're right. It was always bad staying on the events screen and would usually stay for a couple of hours max but on PR1.2 it seems worse. Few minutes and it's gone. Oh well they never got it right from the start.

I remowed accuweather and installed meecast, and this seems to work like a charm so far. Accu wasnt so accurate here where i live so i hope yr.no is better.

Soppa 2012-02-29 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaekaelae (Post 1172059)
I remowed accuweather and installed meecast, and this seems to work like a charm so far. Accu wasnt so accurate here where i live so i hope yr.no is better.

I did this as well, and think that Meecast is miles better for accurate forecasts at least for us finns.

Also, Meecast allows for the weather icon and temperature to be displayed also on the low power mode screen. Now, if it would also have the date underneath it'd be perfect. Then you'd get weather, time and date from the LPM screen without having to unlock/swipe at all.

Gosi 2012-02-29 14:13

My N9 crashed during the update at 91% :( Now Facebook and Twitter Apps aren't working (Installation interrupted), I can't uninstall them and it says "unable to reinstall"...help? :confused:
Maybe I have to flash it again, but how?

Lumiaman 2012-02-29 14:35

Well, well........my white, made in finland, 64Gb device got bricked this am. Updated to PR1.2 and was doing fine for the past 24 hours, then noticed that I could not download my pdf files from my email and was getting some erratic behaviour with my emails with downloading sign on despite emails being received. This am I turned the device on and yellow warning triangle saying device not working properly, try update or go to nokia care.........................oh well....no wonder Elop went to MS

HELLASISGREECE 2012-02-29 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soppa (Post 1172068)
I did this as well, and think that Meecast is miles better for accurate forecasts at least for us finns.

Yes, but Meecast takes more time to load.