maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   General (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   And They Wonder Why More N800's Aren't Sold??? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=5610)

ArchiMark 2007-04-03 00:35

And They Wonder Why More N800's Aren't Sold???

Well...drove about 14 miles at lunch today to try a N800 at the CompUSA closest to my office....

When I got there they had the 770 on display and powered up....but no internet connection available according to error message... :rolleyes:

Looked around on the same display area for a N800 but didn't see one.... :mad:

So, asked the salesdroid that walked by and he said that they had the N800 in stock but not on display... :mad:

So, on my way home just now I stopped of at a Fry's and of course they had the 770 on display, but no N800 on display!!..... :rolleyes:

Do you see a pattern here?????

;)

omegamike 2007-04-03 00:44

Re: And They Wonder Why More N800's Aren't Sold???

Since the N800 came out, I don't think I've ever been somewhere that didn't have demo units of both the the 770 and N800. Then again, maybe we're just lucky up in these parts :D

ArchiMark 2007-04-03 03:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by omegamike (Post 42535)
Since the N800 came out, I don't think I've ever been somewhere that didn't have demo units of both the the 770 and N800. Then again, maybe we're just lucky up in these parts :D

I guess you must be in the 'good parts'.....

;)

Will try again tomorrow....

:)

bvsciguy 2007-04-03 03:36

My local Comp USA had the N800 but no 770. Also, it took a sales minion or two to get the encryption key to log on to a functioning wap.

ArchiMark 2007-04-03 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by bvsciguy (Post 42544)
My local Comp USA had the N800 but no 770. Also, it took a sales minion or two to get the encryption key to log on to a functioning wap.

Good point bvsciguy!

Will remember that if I get error message again...

;)

Texrat 2007-04-03 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArchiMark (Post 42533)
Well...drove about 14 miles at lunch today to try a N800 at the CompUSA closest to my office....

When I got there they had the 770 on display and powered up....but no internet connection available according to error message... :rolleyes:

Looked around on the same display area for a N800 but didn't see one.... :mad:

So, asked the salesdroid that walked by and he said that they had the N800 in stock but not on display... :mad:

So, on my way home just now I stopped of at a Fry's and of course they had the 770 on display, but no N800 on display!!..... :rolleyes:

Do you see a pattern here?????

;)

The most important pattern pertinent to your experience is the closing of over 100 CompUSA stores.

As for Fry's and other outlets, it's a shame the tablets are suffering from the tendency to hire cheap technical help.

ArchiMark 2007-04-03 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texrat (Post 42595)
The most important pattern pertinent to your experience is the closing of over 100 CompUSA stores.

Except that I went to a CompUSA that is not closing....

Although the way they operate maybe they should/will....

;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texrat (Post 42595)
As for Fry's and other outlets, it's a shame the tablets are suffering from the tendency to hire cheap technical help.

Yeah, I certainly don't go to Fry's for their tech advice and expertise...

:rolleyes:

Texrat 2007-04-03 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArchiMark (Post 42599)
Except that I went to a CompUSA that is not closing....

Although the way they operate maybe they should/will....

;)

Yeah, I certainly don't go to Fry's for their tech advice and expertise...

:rolleyes:

It doesn't matter that your CompUSA wasn't closing. This huge move will impact every single store-- in fact, the few remaining open are gonna have it rough for a while.

I go to Fry's already knowing what I want. I take it for granted their low-paid associates don't and can't. ;) I feel badly for the general public shopping there, though...

ArchiMark 2007-04-03 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texrat (Post 42603)
It doesn't matter that your CompUSA wasn't closing. This huge move will impact every single store-- in fact, the few remaining open are gonna have it rough for a while.

I go to Fry's already knowing what I want. I take it for granted their low-paid associates don't and can't. ;) I feel badly for the general public shopping there, though...

Yup, you got that right, Texrat.... ;)

Meanwhile, guess I'll go out at again today at lunch and see/purchase a N800 if possible....

Zhe 2007-04-03 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texrat (Post 42603)

Now, you don't want CEOs to starve, do you? They have very temperamental tummies.