Active Topics

Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
Well...drove about 14 miles at lunch today to try a N800 at the CompUSA closest to my office....

When I got there they had the 770 on display and powered up....but no internet connection available according to error message...

Looked around on the same display area for a N800 but didn't see one....

So, asked the salesdroid that walked by and he said that they had the N800 in stock but not on display...

So, on my way home just now I stopped of at a Fry's and of course they had the 770 on display, but no N800 on display!!.....

Do you see a pattern here?????

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800

Since the N800 came out, I don't think I've ever been somewhere that didn't have demo units of both the the 770 and N800. Then again, maybe we're just lucky up in these parts

Originally Posted by omegamike View Post
Since the N800 came out, I don't think I've ever been somewhere that didn't have demo units of both the the 770 and N800. Then again, maybe we're just lucky up in these parts
I guess you must be in the 'good parts'.....

Will try again tomorrow....

Nokia N900

My local Comp USA had the N800 but no 770. Also, it took a sales minion or two to get the encryption key to log on to a functioning wap.

Originally Posted by bvsciguy View Post
My local Comp USA had the N800 but no 770. Also, it took a sales minion or two to get the encryption key to log on to a functioning wap.
Good point bvsciguy!

Will remember that if I get error message again...

Nokia N900

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post
Well...drove about 14 miles at lunch today to try a N800 at the CompUSA closest to my office....

When I got there they had the 770 on display and powered up....but no internet connection available according to error message...

Looked around on the same display area for a N800 but didn't see one....

So, asked the salesdroid that walked by and he said that they had the N800 in stock but not on display...

So, on my way home just now I stopped of at a Fry's and of course they had the 770 on display, but no N800 on display!!.....

Do you see a pattern here?????

The most important pattern pertinent to your experience is the closing of over 100 CompUSA stores.

As for Fry's and other outlets, it's a shame the tablets are suffering from the tendency to hire cheap technical help.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
The most important pattern pertinent to your experience is the closing of over 100 CompUSA stores.
Except that I went to a CompUSA that is not closing....

Although the way they operate maybe they should/will....

As for Fry's and other outlets, it's a shame the tablets are suffering from the tendency to hire cheap technical help.
Yeah, I certainly don't go to Fry's for their tech advice and expertise...

Nokia N900

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post
Except that I went to a CompUSA that is not closing....

Although the way they operate maybe they should/will....

Yeah, I certainly don't go to Fry's for their tech advice and expertise...

It doesn't matter that your CompUSA wasn't closing. This huge move will impact every single store-- in fact, the few remaining open are gonna have it rough for a while.

I go to Fry's already knowing what I want. I take it for granted their low-paid associates don't and can't. I feel badly for the general public shopping there, though...

It doesn't matter that your CompUSA wasn't closing. This huge move will impact every single store-- in fact, the few remaining open are gonna have it rough for a while.

I go to Fry's already knowing what I want. I take it for granted their low-paid associates don't and can't. I feel badly for the general public shopping there, though...

Yup, you got that right, Texrat....

Meanwhile, guess I'll go out at again today at lunch and see/purchase a N800 if possible....

Nokia N900

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Minnesota
Now, you don't want CEOs to starve, do you? They have very temperamental tummies.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zhe For This Useful Post: