View Single Post
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
I have some issues using a N9 with open mode kernel, so any advice from more experienced users is welcome.

In a alpha version of "easy-deb-chroot-openmode.deb" :
a) using "devel-su -c" or "sudo" in "Exec" lines of .desktop files needs password entry before running any application. Is there any way without password confirmation ? With Inception, opensh was the solution;
(EDIT) The issues below are problably due to calling xephwm (as root) inside Debian, so they are solved :
b) "debian suxephwm" doesn't work ("initgroups: Operation not permitted" error), only "debian xephwm";
c) "debian su user - <application>" gives the same error, "initgroups: Operation not permitted".

Solutions for issue (a) :
- opensh (from open mode kernel PR1.1 or Inception 1.0/1.1 project, they have the same size, package info and seem to be the same);
- echo rootme | devel-su -c "command" (but it only works for the default root password).

So, I am releasing an experimental easy-deb-chroot-openmode_1.1.1.deb which depends on opensh, xmimd and easy-chroot.

If anybody has other solution than opensh to use inside .desktop files, feel free to share here.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2012-08-27 at 00:39.