View Single Post
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I guess you move from one connection to other instead of disconnecting from one network, and then connect to the new network.

Yappari isn't too smart detecting networking changes (we'll fix that eventually).

So if you want Yappari detect your 3G connection, disconnect from your current network. Wait like 1 second, and then connect to the 3G network. That will work.

Do you have CSSU installed? Since CSSU has newer versions of Qt it usually fixes a lot of bugs people are having with Yappari. I really suggest to EVERYBODY to install CSSU.
Thanks for your reply, Scorpius.

Yes sometimes I changed network directly instead of disconnected then connected to another (using ConnectNow widget).

However even if 3G connection was established first, waited for a while, then started Yappari, it always showed "waiting for connection", same for version 0.0.23 & 0.0.25.

Observing from the log, both version showed "Network connection changed: Offline" at the moment. But if I click "Sync Now" button, 0.0.23 will show the log as below:

Synchronizing contacts...
Requesting chunk of 50 contacts
Network connection changed: Online
Current active connection: VIBO行動網 (<== look weird maybe because I am in Taiwan and the name of service provider is Chinese)
Connecting to bin-short.whatsapp.net:5222 ...
Connected successfully

And Yappari itself changed the status from "waiting for connection" to connecting => connected => logged in, then I could start to chat. But for 0.0.25, log stayed in "Network connection changed: Offline" and didn't attempt to sync or connect to server.

For CSSU, yes I have CSSU installed, but it's the latest testing version instead of stable one.

Could anyone give suggestions for such symptom?
Thanks!