View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by n900user259 View Post
In this case Pichlo draws a comparison between Jolla and Nintendo. What Jolla offered to TOHKBD2 supporters. It has nothing to do with the TOHKBD2 Kickstarter and the wonderful actions/possibilities dirkvl offered his supporters.
Actually, it wasn't me who brought it up (I didn't even know about it, not having one). I drew a parallel between that and the First One campaign which IMO was handled quite well. At least to start with; the fact that you could buy the phone in the shop or online before some of the First Ones received theirs was a bit of a debacle.

I brought up the TOHKBD example for contrast: look, the same company that could handle one campaign quite well managed to screw up another one so spectacularly. I admit you may have had to read a bit between the lines to get that

In all fairness, TOHKBD was a third-party project, not theirs. Supporting it was their goodwill gesture. What a shame about the circumstances:

Week 1: "Hey everybody, you can ALL buy a Jolla at discounted price."
Week 2: "YOU are my dearest friend, here is a special offer JUST FOR YOU!"
Week 3: "Hey everybody, you can ALL buy a Jolla at a new low price!"

I do not feel wronged by that. If anybody should feel wronged, it's Dirk. This mishap is like a slap in his face. Luckily he does not seem bothered.

I do not feel wronged. I just feel puzzled.

Howgh!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: