View Single Post
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Am I the only one left who just wants a computer that lets me do what I want, when I want and how I want? I don't want to see computers turned into consumer appliances that manage our lives. Let's not throw away the hard work done by those hobbyists that gave us the personal computing revolution.
How these "Personal OS" would suggest and give advices to the user could be configurable. So if the user wants to browser the web by web addresses, ok. As well as no suggestions to events, etc. If the user doesn't want to pass personal data and preferences, it would be ok.

Many computational tools have given us a higher level of dealing with computers. For example, programming in Assembly is indeed "lets me do what I want" in direct connection with the hardware, while a C compiler is a layer between the programmer and the computer, with advantages and disadvantages.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post: