View Single Post
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Discord is a pompous tool which in my opinion eats to much resources, that's why I will always prefer mumble over discord for gaming.

BTW I have discord installed but I will only running it if I really need it for some communication. I don't think I will join the maemo channel.
I have skype, teamspeak, mumble, discord, irc and telegram but using these as a support channel only after a phone call or an email [1] conversation.

But in general it is good to have more possibilities. So I think it is nice to have a maemo discord channel.
Some disadvantage could be that information will be more spreaded.
I don't care as long the news get still posted in our forum.
But I could also think that you maybe need to ask your questions in the discord channel, on irc and in the forum, because it could be that sometimes you will only get an answer by only one method. How is the lifetime, where are the chat data stored? IRC proofed to have a long lifetime.

What is wrong with IRC and our nice answering bot ? Ok no push messages but do you have 24/7 time to answer in maemo channel? When I have some time I look in the irc logs and in the forum and I don't want to get push messages all the time
When there is something I could answer I log into irc or into the forum.

I doubt you will get a faster answer with discord, and I wish that I am wrong.

[1]Wiki link to e-mail, maybe not all people know this anymore it is quite handy. Sure you need to invest more time to configure it, as compared to only push a button to send your phone number but it is doable. Also from your communication there will be no money generated, if you use the right service. Sounds interesting or?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post: