View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by maxzar100 View Post
That post a few ahead of us about the windowed debian, the one by thp, looks really good. It is much more responsive then the one that you made.
Originally Posted by maxzar100 View Post
... it would be easier if THP would tell us how he got his version of debian working, it was a lot more user freindly and fast.
You're killing me, man.

You're comparing the speed of some trivial applets on a light-weight window manager to monsters like Firefox 3 and OpenOffice. "His" Debian is no more responsive than "my" Debian, because they're both Debian chroots.

I don't think you understood the demo video. The cool part was how he had a full screen window manager that he could switch to with a button on the status panel in OS2008. We've already experimented with putting a window manager "on top" of OS2008, and we weren't thrilled with the speed...

If you really crave the speed, make a new ext2 partition on your SD card and copy your chroot to there. I've found it gets better speed than this mounted file way. But you're required to know an awful lot of stuff to do that, which is exactly what I don't want here.

Please try the "Transmission" bittorrent client. I think you'll be much happier with the speed.

Last edited by qole; 2008-06-26 at 06:11.