View Single Post
To Qole:

I've been testing your new .94 Easy-Debian (I use Easy-Debian off a ext2 partition, so I guess I don't need the Turbo-Charged version?) over the last few days and the chroot scripts work great. Granted, I didn't use the Debian-image-installer, so can't report on that.

I really like LXDE, too. Very light and still has most of the features I use. Way better than IceWM

Nothing seems to be broken, the keyboards (well, at least xvkbd -- that's the one I use), Sound, Flash video in the web browser, etc. all works as expected.

The only issues I've had are with Epiphany (Webkit & Gecko), Midori, and non-Root RoXTerm. The easy one is RoXTerm, it gives some error about "Can't connect to /tmp/dbus-LongStringOfTextHere", then says "Failed To Install dbuse message filter", but it seems to work fine. Strangly, the Root-Terminal (which is also RoXTerm, right?) gives no such errors.

Not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it.

After installing Epiphany, opening it errors with "Epiphany could not connect to the session message bus. Your default settings will not be available", and although Epiphany still works, any changes made to it aren't saved (Bookmarks, Settings, etc.).

Midori is the strangest. Opening it gives me this:

Code:
[root@Debian: /]hilda midori
su user -c midori

(midori:2453): Unique-DBus-WARNING **: Unable to open a connection to the session bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-FJnR9CvO94: Connection refused

(midori:2453): Unique-DBus-WARNING **: Unable to connect to the running instance, aborting.
An instance of Midori is already running but not responding.
There is no instance of Midori running. These dbus problems are killing me

Admitedly, I haven't really looked into fixing these issues. It may be something simple. Then again, this is after a clean install of debian, so I'd think everyone would get these problems under the same circumstances.

Hope this helps!

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900