View Single Post
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by gemniii42 View Post
I'm really beginning to hate this application.
I sucessfully used it 2 months ago, then it became hard to get any of the USA channels and now with the upgrade I've wasted half an hour trying USA channels without success.
WorldTV99 does not generate videoes - Dah!. It taps into video source and that is ALL it does. If the video source is DOWN, for whatever reason, the links will NOT work. See below:
================================================== ===

This sender is DomainKeys verified
"NBC Los Angeles" <nbclosangeles@nbclocal.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
"bunanson@yahoo.com" <bunanson@yahoo.com>

Hello!

www.nbclosangeles.com is now live! Thanks for your patience over the past week during this transition. We hope that the new site will provide you with a much richer experience and connect you closer to your local community.

We of course have the basics covered, news, weather and traffic - we think you will enjoy the new, easy to use interface, plus we have added new sources of information and links to the best content in the city (even to our "competitors"). Everything you loved about KNBC.com will be on the new site along with much more, including coverage of the events, happenings, culture and buzz around the city. Try our advanced search feature (that works!) to help you discover great new content - giving you what you want, how you want it.

Click here for a quick tour.

Here are some other features we've built to enhance your experience:

* Media Viewer for every topic - finally see and sort news online
* Event tracker, venue maps and hot topic browsers - know more so you can do more
* Upload your own content - share thoughts and content with others

There's lots to discover on the site, go check it out here. This is only our Beta, so we would love your feedback on how we can make this site better for you, please send us your thoughts!

If you want to sign up for other newsletters, click here.

If you have any questions or need help on the new site, contact us at feedback@nbclosangeles.com. We'll get back to you as soon as we can!

Thanks
The NBC Los Angeles Team
© 2008 NBC Universal, Inc.
Local Integrated Media
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112

Please, do not reply to this e-mail
To unsubscribe from our newsletters please click here.
==================================================

Most of the USA channels in WorldTV99 I have subscription AND running a risk of getting spam mails. Because this TV streaming thing is also new to the TV stations, they routinely change to adapt to newer standards and "better" broadcast. Some maintain broadcast during the transitions, most just stop it for awhile... You got the picture.

If the link says "buffering...." but that is no video/audio, it means the source is correct, but it is NOT broadcast.
BTW, if you stared at the screen patiently, you should see the black screen turned dark purple, (it is very subtle, not everybody can see it) sometimes, that is another sign, that the link IS working, but the source is NOT broadcasting. WorldTV99 is trying hard to stream, but no cigars.

When? I got this email a couple weeks ago, not that I dig out something from 200 yrs ago.
How many? around 1 per couple of weeks, I directed these to my spam filter.

I HAVE NO idea why I need to spend my energy on topics like this other than plain frustration.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-10-18 at 13:26.