View Single Post
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Frustration is gone, a happy bun is here again, as usual.

I noticed that even with the same station, upon watching the same program, video may fluctuate between full screen with no border or upper/lower borders, never side-side borders though, on the large it stays with full screen with no borders. Same when played with native xterm/mplayer. That is the streaming signal thing, maybe a bug with the mplayer, WorldTV99 just have to live with it. Just a note. Quote, http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=24067, thread #10
================================================== ========
Apparantly mplayer has a mind of its own!

Running mplayer.29/Diablo/N800. using xterm/mplayer -playlist any.m3u

It plays in 4:3, a rectangle with borders on either sides, most of time. Yes, most of the time, not ALL the time, it flickered in and out of like 16:9 with all 4 borders on and off. Looks like the streaming signal somehow affects the aspect ratio. Since this is streaming video, from WorldTV99, I would not have known whether this is encoding problem of the original copy or mplayer decoding problem. I guess I am going to leave this to Serge or the mplayer maemo team. Is there an option to nail down the aspect ratio?

bun
================================================== ============

I myself really enjoy this without the eye-soring borders. I am sorry to say, this is Nokia supposed to be, and is the minimal base for all video on this tiny screen. Letterbox or up/lower border is a waste for precious screen estate. HAVA are you listening?

I hope you all enjoy this as much as we are making it. comments? Feedback? Rottentomatoes? Feature request or new station suggestions?

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-10-18 at 13:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post: