View Single Post
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
@ace or somebody please help, I am still stuck with an unknown password.

TIA,

========================
The system is running real fine. Not the user though, please help:

1) I accidentally press a different language upon bootup, and it sticks! I reboot it, it sticks with the foreign language. How do I switch the display language back to USA-Eng? and the fonts?

2) I installed on flash and it runs. No password, no log in. However, when I want to switch to different user, it asked for a passwd. How do i re-set a password that I did not initially set? Does pendrivelinux.com installation or ubuntu has some sort of default password?

3) the prompt sign is ubuntu$ubuntu. Whoami returns ubuntu. How does one add user to this acct, say I would like to add bun and from now on, sign in with bun rather than ubuntu.

Edit: it asks for a different language upon reboot, but you have to log in with a password, which I do not know what password has been set............. :-(

Edit: I was able to SSH into my tablet, but how does one transfer files, I mean, how to copy files from tablet to my ubuntu box or back and forth. Under winPC, I use winscp. Under ubuntu, scp is not recognized.
===================================

bun